Windows 10: Use OneDrive to transfer files

Discus and support Use OneDrive to transfer files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have OneDrive installed on 2 different computers. They came with the same subscription to Office 365. I can upload files to OneDrive from each one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NunoRebelo1, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Use OneDrive to transfer files

I have OneDrive installed on 2 different computers. They came with the same subscription to Office 365.

I can upload files to OneDrive from each one of the computers. However, I cannot see one computer's files from the other.

I thought the purpose of OneDrive was to avoid having to send files by e-mail between computers, so this activity seems to me quite basic.

I also have OneDrive on my iPhone. Which one of the 2 computers (if any) will see any file I upload there?

:)

NunoRebelo1, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Judesman Win User

I can't transfer files to Onedrive

I am very confused. If I open Onedrive in IE I have the option using Share to email a file to someone or add a link to an email. However I need to transfer the files to Onedrive either by drag and drop or cilicking on open in File Explorer. Clicking on open works but drag and drop doesn't. I have trawled through some tutorials and they all suggest that I should be able to drag and drop from file explorer.

Judesman, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Use OneDrive to transfer files

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Use OneDrive to transfer files

1. Use OneDrive to transfer files - Similar Threads - OneDrive transfer files

2. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  3. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  4. Onedrive transfer file to personal HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive transfer file to personal HD: why I cannot copy some files from Onedrive to my own HD?! It looks like privacy violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-transfer-file-to-personal-hd/ff6a9c1d-9616-4500-84b2-793f8160ca8c
  5. How to transfer files to another onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer files to another onedrive: I am trying to clean up a one drive because there are more then 60,000 files on it its a company wide onedrive and it is causing issues for our power automate system. How can I remove those files without breaking a shared link that they all have? Is that even possible?...
  6. How to transfer files to another onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer files to another onedrive: I am trying to clean up a one drive because there are more then 60,000 files on it its a company wide onedrive and it is causing issues for our power automate system. How can I remove those files without breaking a shared link that they all have? Is that even possible?...
  7. How to transfer files to another onedrive

8. Windows Vista file transfer to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista file transfer to OneDrive: I need to retire our PC with OS Vista and am trying to transfer all files to OneDrive. The tutorial I read said to download the OneDrive app but Vista is too old for the app. So instead I went to OneDrive.com, logged into my existing account, upgraded to more storage and now...
  9. Windows Vista file transfer to OneDrive

Windows Vista file transfer to OneDrive: I need to retire our PC with OS Vista and am trying to transfer all files to OneDrive. The tutorial I read said to download the OneDrive app but Vista is too old for the app. So instead I went to OneDrive.com, logged into my existing account, upgraded to more storage and now...
  10. Transferring Onedrive files and photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Onedrive files and photos: HI, How do you transfer Onedrive photos and files to an external drive? I want to make sure that I don't lose any of my photos or files while transferring them and I want to be able to view them without using one drive. I actually want to empty my Onedrive all together...