Windows 10: Use only half of display??

Discus and support Use only half of display?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I have a 65 inch TV, is it possible to utilize only 32 inches or so of that display and the rest black? Like basically using 50% of the total screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nismo_370z, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Use only half of display??

If I have a 65 inch TV, is it possible to utilize only 32 inches or so of that display and the rest black? Like basically using 50% of the total screen area as a monitor?

submitted by /u/Nismo_370z
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nismo_370z, Feb 10, 2021

2. Media player is not properly running the display shows only half screen.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

Let’s try the following steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run Windows Media Player settings troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player settings troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Windows Media Player settings troubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Media Player settings.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: I would suggest you to update your graphic card drivers and check if it helps.

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display Drivers and expand it.
      • Right click on the driver and select Update driver.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Use only half of display??

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Use only half of display??

1. Use only half of display?? - Similar Threads - half display

2. Bottom Half of Screen Glitches/Freeze When Displaying Dark Colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom Half of Screen Glitches/Freeze When Displaying Dark Colors: As stated in the title, the bottom half of my screen glitches/freeze when displaying dark color. This happens abruptly without any software or hardware changes.Another thing to note, when I took a screenshot the photos are fine, but when I took an actual picture with my phone...
  3. Bottom Half of Screen Glitches/Freeze When Displaying Dark Colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bottom Half of Screen Glitches/Freeze When Displaying Dark Colors: As stated in the title, the bottom half of my screen glitches/freeze when displaying dark color. This happens abruptly without any software or hardware changes.Another thing to note, when I took a screenshot the photos are fine, but when I took an actual picture with my phone...
  4. Asphat 8 half display streched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphat 8 half display streched: When i open asphalt 8 half of the screen becomes streched pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asphat-8-half-display-streched/2076d36d-543d-4ed1-84bb-67c7c226043f
  5. Asphat 8 half display streched

Asphat 8 half display streched: When i open asphalt 8 half of the screen becomes streched pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asphat-8-half-display-streched/2076d36d-543d-4ed1-84bb-67c7c226043f
  6. Asphat 8 half display streched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 Snipping Tool doesn´t grab the complete display / showing only half of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Snipping Tool doesn´t grab the complete display / showing only half of the...: Hi all,we have received new notebooks with a 14th-inch display; therefore, many of our colleagues are setting the default to 150% screen resolution.While doing so, the Snipping Tool doesn´t allow us to mark the complete screen anymore...only parts of the display mainly the...
  8. Windows 11 Snipping Tool doesn´t grab the complete display / showing only half of the...

Windows 11 Snipping Tool doesn´t grab the complete display / showing only half of the...: Hi all,we have received new notebooks with a 14th-inch display; therefore, many of our colleagues are setting the default to 150% screen resolution.While doing so, the Snipping Tool doesn´t allow us to mark the complete screen anymore...only parts of the display mainly the...
  9. Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...: * Note: Also when i click the "Home" Tab that explorer window just crashes. And so, yeah. . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-half-greek-and-half-english-us-after/fbe324e9-6538-4681-9555-326c139f5380
  10. Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...

Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...: * Note: Also when i click the "Home" Tab that explorer window just crashes. And so, yeah. . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-half-greek-and-half-english-us-after/fbe324e9-6538-4681-9555-326c139f5380