Windows 10: use optical drive in old pc for media recovery creation on newn pc that has no cd burner

Discus and support use optical drive in old pc for media recovery creation on newn pc that has no cd burner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok guys I need to call an audible with someone who speaks tech. I am attempting to create recovery media for new(er) hp all in one intel i3 processor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dustinwilde2, Jan 22, 2019.

1. use optical drive in old pc for media recovery creation on newn pc that has no cd burner

Ok guys I need to call an audible with someone who speaks tech. I am attempting to create recovery media for new(er) hp all in one intel i3 processor, and have had a weekend with it. Idid get file history going, tho in don't know why I had to on a new pc use a thumb drive, apparently hp says tpm when they mean partitioned drive...AAAAnd deceivingly display an optical drive on website labeled and all. so it took about all afternoon to figure out im not that stupid abd its not that I cant find eject button, there is no cd rom. Windows media creation does not want me to use thumb:s even after reformat to ntfs, so here I am with old pc networked to new pc, attempting to utilize cd burner in old hp AIO amd version. Is this possible? ive bben looking at controller and sharing options, opened things up in sharing center, think I got em connected, but maybe only for display?? im over my head!

:)

dustinwilde2, Jan 22, 2019
  2. neuf512 Win User

Media player does not recognize optical drive

Thank you for your help.

I just put a music CD in the optical drive and it is not listed under This PC. I am sure that I have seen it.

neuf512, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Recovery drive error - Can't create a recovery drive on this PC

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Do you have enough space in your external drive or disk?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you created a recovery media previously on the computer?
    As per the issue description, it seems like you are unable to create a system image recovery driver using a USB drive on the computer as it prompts an error message “We cannot create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and try to create a recovery drive and check if it helps.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select Next.

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.

• When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select Delete. If
      not, select Finish.
    You can also use Windows 10 media creation tool to troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start.

Here is the link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 22, 2019
  4. rivre Win User

use optical drive in old pc for media recovery creation on newn pc that has no cd burner

CD/DVD drives causing issues with new PC

I'm having lots of trouble with my two disc drives on my new custom-built Windows 10 machine. I put in my older Lite-on disc drives because they were both functioning perfectly in my old PC. One is a blu-ray reader and the other is a DVD burner.

Today I decided to configure Exact Audio Copy on the new PC and it's been a nightmare. EAC keeps crashing and locking up when reading audio discs in the drives. I managed to configure one drive and then the other drive locked up. Then the drive that was working locked up next time. Each time EAC crashes it won't restart, and I have to reboot my PC. It takes over 2 minutes for my PC to shut down after EAC crashes. In the task manager EAC is still running but I can't shut it down without a reboot. Then EAC starts normally after rebooting and may or may not read a disc next time I try. Sometimes it accesses the disc, sometimes it freezes up again.

Meanwhile, CD-Speed won't let me burn a test disc using my DVD burner - the burn button is greyed out. SmartErase won't let me erase a CD-RW or DVD-RW. Buuuurn lists my blu-ray reader but not my DVD writer in the drop-down list. It won't list my other drive. CD-Speed lists the DVD burner in the drop-down list, but not the blu-ray reader. All kinds of weird issues with the drives. I'm going nuts trying to figure out what's wrong. Everything else with my new PC is fine. Just the disc drives are all wacky. I disabled autoplay, and uninstalled the devices in device manager and let them re-install at next reboot. Still they aren't acting right. Both were fine together in my old PC.

What could be wrong?

rivre, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

use optical drive in old pc for media recovery creation on newn pc that has no cd burner

1. use optical drive in old pc for media recovery creation on newn pc that has no cd burner - Similar Threads - optical drive old

2. How to take a CD photo program into a PC without CD/DVD Burner using USB Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take a CD photo program into a PC without CD/DVD Burner using USB Thumb Drive: My new PC does not have a CD/DVD drive and the MGI Photosuite 4 that I have so how can I move the program to a PC using USB Thumb Drive or is there another way to move the program. PS I need the 1st-grade level directions. Thank you all * Moved from Community Participation...
  3. How to take a CD photo program into a PC without CD/DVD Burner using USB Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to take a CD photo program into a PC without CD/DVD Burner using USB Thumb Drive: My new PC does not have a CD/DVD drive and the MGI Photosuite 4 that I have so how can I move the program to a PC using USB Thumb Drive or is there another way to move the program. PS I need the 1st-grade level directions. Thank you all * Moved from Community Participation...
  4. cd burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd burner: My windows 10 reads but does not write a cd /dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/bf0d6438-7208-4e57-a0e7-59a356a47a9a
  5. CD burner

CD burner: I have desktop HP6300 with Win10. If i want to burn a CD and put disk in the monitor turn black, all fans start spin viguorisly and I have to remove the disk and restart the computer manually to bring it back to life.So, did someone has the same problem?...
  6. Installing Windows on a new PC using media creation and m.2 drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows on a new PC using media creation and m.2 drive: I will be building a new computer in the next few weeks. I've already used the Media Creation Tool, and is on a usb thumb drive. I'm ordering a Sabrent m.2 drive. My question is, can I boot into the thumb drive and install Windows 10 on the m.2 drive and make it my new...
  7. media player cd burner

media player cd burner: After a power loss, my media player cd burner is no longer working. Initially, i got the message to connect a burner, Now it tells me that the disk is filled. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  8. CD Burner

CD Burner: I had Error Message 0xCOAA0301 trying to burn a CD can any one help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/126e36ee-1be9-4da4-96ea-8e6ee8acb713
  9. CD Burner

CD Burner: I Can not get the Media Player to Burn a CD any Ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-burner/ae6b3545-ba95-4993-8ef5-bb0a4c75ebaf
  10. HP Recovery Media Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HP Recovery Media Creation: Should I make a recovery with the HP Recovery Media Creation on my new computer, or should I do something else? I know this is a silly question. But I am just curious. Thanks! *Smile 94679