Windows 10: Use paid install disk on another machine with the other machine's key

Discus and support Use paid install disk on another machine with the other machine's key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have a crashed Win10 machine. Tried to "reset" it with a downloaded iso, but this didn't work--maybe the iso was NG. Anyway, now it won't boot at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dougmack, Mar 25, 2016.

1. dougmack Win User

Use paid install disk on another machine with the other machine's key

Have a crashed Win10 machine. Tried to "reset" it with a downloaded iso, but this didn't work--maybe the iso was NG.
    Anyway, now it won't boot at all. This machine was upgraded from Win 8.1 and I have no paid install disk for it.
    However, I do know the correct Windows key for the system that crashed. Can I use a paid install disk that I installed on another system, and put in the key code for the crashed system in order to get it back up and running?

Thanx for all assistance--doug

:)

dougmack, Mar 25, 2016

2. Can I use an OEM key and change major hardwares in my pc and stay activated?

My informal understanding of the rules is that

• An OEM key is tied to the machine where it was first installed.
    • That machines is basically defined by the motherboard.
    Therefore replacing the motherboard effectively creates a "new machine" and would invalidate the licence.

On the other hand,

• replacing the hard disk or adding another drive,
    • adding memory
    • replacing the video card
    would not.

John-from-France, Mar 25, 2016
  3. How many installs of Win 10 on a single activation code?

A (Paid) Windows 10 key (Home or Pro) will allow only 1 install at a time, however you can move that key to another PC/Virtual machine. it does however require a call to Microsoft for them to activate the key.

DanielFiddes, Mar 25, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    OP - above link downloads iso that you need to transfer contents to usb drive or dvd using rufus or diskpart commands.

If you use this link, it will create the usb flash drive automatically if you select option.

Windows 10 ISO

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Use paid install disk on another machine with the other machine's key - Similar Threads - paid install disk

2. I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...: I made sure the machine being remoted into was pingable from the other computer, that it was allowing rdp access as well. Both machines run on windows 11. I also remoted in from a different machine successfully. The issue seems to be from the machine that is initiating the...
  3. I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a windows laptop machine that used to be able to rdp to another windows machine. Not...: I made sure the machine being remoted into was pingable from the other computer, that it was allowing rdp access as well. Both machines run on windows 11. I also remoted in from a different machine successfully. The issue seems to be from the machine that is initiating the...
  4. Want to use my Retail digial Volume lincense key on another machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Want to use my Retail digial Volume lincense key on another machine: Hi,We are from a small company from India, We have a volume lincense which we can use on multiple machines, our some systems are destroyed and can not repaire and we want to revoke our key again and want to use that key on any other machine, How possible ? Please help, please...
  5. Want to use my Retail digial Volume lincense key on another machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to use my Retail digial Volume lincense key on another machine: Hi,We are from a small company from India, We have a volume lincense which we can use on multiple machines, our some systems are destroyed and can not repaire and we want to revoke our key again and want to use that key on any other machine, How possible ? Please help, please...
  6. Want to use my Retail digial Volume lincense key on another machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. One Machine Turns On Another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Machine Turns On Another: I have two machines connected to each other via LAN cable. Direct wire, not through router. One Desktop runs Win 7 64-bit Pro and the other Laptop runs Win 10 64-bit Pro. Each shares a specific folder with the other. Does it make sense that because of the connection one will...
  8. BSODS on another machine of mine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODS on another machine of mine: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AndtxM-03tBygkhJZrjiNeuaDAAP?e=AECnNL dumps file are here Hi guys having a few BSODs on the machine of mine could you please take a look please and let me know of the possible causes....
  9. using product keys on virtual machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using product keys on virtual machines: If i use a windows 10 product key, how can i remove the key so that i can use it on another device, do i simply delete the virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-product-keys-on-virtual-machines/d720704e-b31b-4507-8732-934e84cf205e
  10. Move Installation To Another Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Installation To Another Machine: So, I really need to move my installation to another machine, the machine it is currently off is flaky and has a couple of hardware issues. I run a dual drive setup with my user profile on another drive. I cloned the drives, just in case, and used the clones to attempt to...