Windows 10: Use Password Instead of PIN

Discus and support Use Password Instead of PIN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LauraCepero, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Use Password Instead of PIN

I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says "This option is currently unavailable" and the "Remove" button is unclickable.How do I change it back to a password?

:)

LauraCepero, Oct 6, 2021

2. Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Oct 6, 2021
  4. Use Password Instead of PIN

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

Use Password Instead of PIN

1. Use Password Instead of PIN - Similar Threads - Password Instead PIN

2. windows using admin pin instead of password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows using admin pin instead of password: i bought a new pc recently, and ive been trying to make myself administrator so i did the usual stuff, force reboot, cmd prompt, reset admin password, but the issue is, its asking for a pin that i neither know nor have permissions to change so really all im asking is how to...
  3. windows using admin pin instead of password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows using admin pin instead of password: i bought a new pc recently, and ive been trying to make myself administrator so i did the usual stuff, force reboot, cmd prompt, reset admin password, but the issue is, its asking for a pin that i neither know nor have permissions to change so really all im asking is how to...
  4. Disable password and use PIN instead

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable password and use PIN instead: Hello,On this documentation page it's explained why Windows Hello PIN is more secure than regular Microsoft Account password. I understand the security reasons and would like to act on this advice, so I set up Windows Hello. Unfortunately, this only created a second way to...
  5. Disable password and use PIN instead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable password and use PIN instead: Hello,On this documentation page it's explained why Windows Hello PIN is more secure than regular Microsoft Account password. I understand the security reasons and would like to act on this advice, so I set up Windows Hello. Unfortunately, this only created a second way to...
  6. Disable password and use PIN instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  8. Use Password Instead of PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Use Password Instead of PIN: I've always used a password to sign in to Windows but recently Windows forced me to change to a numerical PIN. I have tried to change it back by going to "Sign-in options" but there is no option to come up with a password. I tried to select "Windows Hello PIN" but it says...
  9. use password instead of pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    use password instead of pin?: hey, i have reinstalled windows on my sys and now instead of a password it asks me to set a pin for login?is there a way i can disable the pin and use password as a login method?piyushagarwal3...
  10. Use PIN instead of Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use PIN instead of Password: I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give a PIN which is not accepted. * Moved from MSN [Original Title: PIN INSTEAD PW]...