Windows 10: Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection

Discus and support Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection Process Explorer is an advanced process management utility that picks up where Task Manager leaves... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FreeBooter, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection

Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection

Process Explorer is an advanced process management utility that picks up where Task Manager leaves off. It will show you detailed information about a process including its icon, command-line, full image path, memory statistics, user account, security attributes, and more. Process Explorer much better then Windows Task Manager it can help to identify malware infection on your system.

Configure Process Explorer To Detect Malware Infections

1. From "Options" menu select "Verify Image Signatures" if this is checked then images corresponding to processes are checked for trusted signatures automatically when you view a process properties and the result is shown next to the company field in the process properties dialog. "(Verified)" next a company name means the file is signed by a trusted root certificate authority and "(Unable to Verify)" means the file is either unsigned or signed by an untrusted authority.

2. From "Options" menu click "VirusTotal.com" and place check marks on "Check VirusTotal.com" and "Submit Unknown Executables".

Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection U0mGXVx.png

The information Process Explorer displays in its main window is fully configurable. You can reorder columns by dragging them to their new position. To select which columns of data you want visible in each of the views and the status bar, choose "View --> Select Columns" or right-click on a column header and use "Select Columns" from the resulting context menu. A column selection editor opens that let's you pick the columns you want to enable, place a check mark on "Verified Signer" and "Virus Total" check boxes.

Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection IYO9PRS.png

:)

FreeBooter, Sep 30, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Sep 30, 2019
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Sep 30, 2019
  4. lisaglenn Win User

How to Fix a Malware Infected Computer?

Hi everyone..*Smile Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection :)
    My system was infected with a Malware. Even after malware has been removed from a computer many of the problems caused by it still remain.
    How do I Recover my Important Files Deleted During Infection?

lisaglenn, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Process Explorer to Identify Malware Infection - Similar Threads - Process Explorer Identify

2. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Malware infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware infection: My laptop got infected with malware win-10 after using anti-malware I deleted some programme now a msg is popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-infection/b87a988d-00df-4403-9be2-2afdd9d9f889
  6. Possible malware infection?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible malware infection?: So I know that malware and viruses is easy to catch if your not careful and I’m not gonna lie I’m pretty not careful at times and I think that caught up to me and I might be infected with some virus and I also had a question about my bios so first let me start with the main...
  7. Possible malware infection?

Possible malware infection?: So I know that malware and viruses is easy to catch if your not careful and I’m not gonna lie I’m pretty not careful at times and I think that caught up to me and I might be infected with some virus and I also had a question about my bios so first let me start with the main...
  8. My PC is infected with a malware

My PC is infected with a malware: I recently downloaded a virus, i went on to delete it and run a quick scan. no threats were found but it keeps alerting me that the virus is still where it used to be after deleting it. running another scan, it says "there may be threats of your device. after the scan is...
  9. ScreenSketch.exe infected by malware ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ScreenSketch.exe infected by malware ?: Hello Everybody, When looking through Process Explorer, I noticed that the new screen capture tool ScreenSketch.exe is flagged as malware by one antivirus engine on VirusTotal. See :...
  10. PC infected with malware

PC infected with malware: I recently ran kmspico.exe and couple other unverified programs(of course by mistake) and now my pc's loaded with malware and virus. I reset my pc completely but I still think there are virus files saved which weren't deleted as I had opted to kept personal files. I don't...