Windows 10: Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer

Discus and support Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Without using a third party remote connection, can I use the build in windows remote desktop connection to connect from my laptop that uses windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarrenJoseph, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer

Without using a third party remote connection, can I use the build in windows remote desktop connection to connect from my laptop that uses windows 10 HOME to my desktop computer that uses windows 10 PRO?--Do both computers need to have windows 10 PRO in order for the connection to work?

:)

DarrenJoseph, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. remote desktop connection help

hey i am trying to conect to a friends computer to help her with some stuff, but i cant get the windows remote desktop connection thing to work. and we tried the remote assistance thing with windows messenger also. she accepts the connection and there is supposed to ba a window that pops up and says yes i want to allow this connection but nothing happend. i have tried to do it with my room mates computer aswell and for some reason i cant get it. any ideas??? *Bang Head :banghead:

acousticlemur, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer

remote desktop connection

• What is the operating system of that remote computer? Exact version and edition please, for instance Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro.
    • Is the remote computer on the same network than the client, the computer you are connecting from? For instance, are both computers on your home network?
    • Are the incoming remote connections enabled on the remote computer?

Thema:

Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer

1. Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Connection

2. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection cannot connect to the remote computer.: Greetings to the well of knowledge.We have a remote desktop farm consisting of one broker Server 2016 and four RD servers Server 2012R2, all of which are running in Azure. They were moved to Azure in a lift-and-shift operation from our physical servers.Over the past month or...
  4. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  5. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  6. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer in Windows 10: Remote Desktop is a software in Windows that allows you to connect to a computer that is not close by. When you try to connect to a remote computer by using Remote Desktop, you may receive the following error message: Remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer. The...
  8. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  9. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....
  10. remote desktop does not connect to another computer

remote desktop does not connect to another computer: remote desktop does not connect to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/remote-desktop-does-not-connect-to-another/9bed3e59-caa0-4c29-b8b1-bae790c7c318