Windows 10: Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

Discus and support Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays. I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g725s, Jul 13, 2019.

1. g725s Win User

Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays.

I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure and posted my question in the Graphics Cards forum here that is not getting any responses. But in my online searching I came across the mention of using Remote Desktop to have 2 PC's share 2 Displays so that either PC could have dual monitor or each have it own.

I really don't have any experience with Remote Desktop. Is it even availiable in Windows 10 Home or do I need Pro?

Anyone here ever done something like this before?

:)

g725s, Jul 13, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 13, 2019
  4. S.Awana Win User

Remote Desktop 2-Step Verification on Terminal Server

My firm uses a Terminal Server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard) which we access thru Remote Desktop. We would like to increase the security with a 2-Step Verification at login. Is this possible and how?

S.Awana, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk? - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop share

2. Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?: I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays. I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure and posted my question in the Graphics Cards forum here that is not getting any responses. But in my online searching I came...
  3. Same User ID is on 2 PC's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Same User ID is on 2 PC's: I have 2 PC's in my office that have the same user and they shouldn't. My user ID is on a PC that I use to use and now someone else has it. How did I separate myself from that PC?...
  4. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?: hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question... scenario: display 1 - 1080p projector display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor pc - nuc outputs x 2 - hdmi and displayport i would like to set up a movie environment on 1 display (projector) and a music...
  5. How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer?

How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer?: I have multiple accounts on a computer with Windows 10. I would like to share IE favorites (or at least copy them) from one user with another user....
  6. Sharing data between 2 home laptops

Sharing data between 2 home laptops: I have recently rebuilt both my laptops and now can't seem to share data between them I have previously managed to do this using homegroups and file sharing but not sure if I'm using best practices. Can you advise what's the simplest way. It's mainly to back up music and...
  7. Using (2) Displays simultaneously

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using (2) Displays simultaneously: I have (2) Displays - One big monitor and One on my laptop. Is there a way to bring up an Excel Spreadsheet on one and a download from my online class on the other?...
  8. connecting between 2 pc's

connecting between 2 pc's: I have 2 pc's. A win 10 and a win 7. They both can see each other but reject any attempts to login. I type in my username and password. Nothing. I assume those are my 'Network Credentials'. I don't even want to think about my old little XP laptop. WTF? Thanks. 70672
  9. LAN problem between 2 PC's

LAN problem between 2 PC's: Both upgrated to windows 10, one HOME and one PRO. Windows 10 HOME is on a local account Windows 10 Pro is on a Microsoft account. Private and All net-settings are the same on both PC's From the HOME I can access the PRO while typing the login settings for the PRO...
  10. Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop

Networking issue between 2 desktop & laptop: So without being too hyperbolic, I'm about to die! I've spent too many hours with 0 progress and am beginning to resent pcs in general. I have 3 pcs (2 desktops and a laptop) all wired via gigabit. In short - my desktop (a) can see itself and my laptop under network,...