Windows 10: Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

Discus and support Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays. I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g725s, Jul 13, 2019.

1. g725s Win User

Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays.

I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure and posted my question in the Graphics Cards forum here that is not getting any responses. But in my online searching I came across the mention of using Remote Desktop to have 2 PC's share 2 Displays so that either PC could have dual monitor or each have it own.

I really don't have any experience with Remote Desktop. Is it even availiable in Windows 10 Home or do I need Pro?

Anyone here ever done something like this before?

:)

g725s, Jul 13, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Lorraine,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

This issue might occur due to, when you first connect, Remote Desktop attempts to size the screen according to its default setting. You can adjust this setting within the Remote Desktop client. Adjusting the screen size allows
    you to sculpt the desktop display size to better fit your computer's viewing area.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: To change the size of the Remote Desktop window:

• Open Remote Desktop Connection (RDC).

• Click on the Options button located in the lower left-hand corner of the RDC window.

• This will expand the RDC window to display 7 different option tabs.

• Click on the Display tab.

• In the display configuration section, slide the bar to the left or right to decrease or increase the size of the remote desktop session window.

• Click the Connect button.

Or

Step 2:

• Open the "Start" menu and type
      "mstsc" (in the search bar) and then press “Enter."

• Click "Options”.

• Click the "Display" tab.

• Drag the slider bar left or right to
      reduce or enlarge the display resolution. The
      left-most
      position is the minimum resolution, while the right-most is a full-screen resolution.

Please get back to us, if are still facing issue in adjusting the resolution on the remote desktop.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 13, 2019
  4. S.Awana Win User

Remote Desktop 2-Step Verification on Terminal Server

My firm uses a Terminal Server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard) which we access thru Remote Desktop. We would like to increase the security with a 2-Step Verification at login. Is this possible and how?

S.Awana, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk? - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop share

2. Windows 10 Sharing Network Drives between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Sharing Network Drives between 2 PC: Hello Guys, I recently built a new pc and its connected to my router via ethernet and its in my room. My old PC is in the basement connected to the same router via wireless 5Ghz AC. I have 2 HDD with all files on this PC in my basement and I want to share these drives as...
  3. File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  4. Stop syncing files between 2 PC use same MS account

Stop syncing files between 2 PC use same MS account: Hi I have one MS account and using it to log on every device I'm using. I have 2 PC, one laptop for work and one desktop for entertainment. But the problem is whatever actions i do on this pc will happen on the other, especially files one the desktop screen. I want to...
  5. Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop: Ho w do you share all the documents between 2 different family member accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-documents-between-2-users-on-a-laptop/c57adc3b-51a5-47c3-bfc3-de3a70e7fa74
  6. Windows 10 SSD shared between 2 PC's

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 SSD shared between 2 PC's: Hi, I have a laptop and a HP Desktop with GPU and gaming performance, but only one Drive (SSD), I was wondering if there's someway to easily use my Laptop's SSD with Windows 10 Pro into my HP Desktop, for example: I normally use my Dell Latitude laptop to do everything, and...
  7. USING MS ONE-DRIVE BETWEEN 2 PC's

USING MS ONE-DRIVE BETWEEN 2 PC's: Attn: Greg Carmack... About a year ago you addressed the process of using One-Drive to sync files between 2 computers. I wonder if you could elaborate on your answer. I have two Win 10 PC's both using Office 365. I have 2-3 Excel files that I would like to have synced...
  8. share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN

share all files between 2 pc's on the same private LAN: I have a desktop PC and a mobile PC, both have the latest version of windows 10, on both I use the same microsoft account for login. After much fiddling with sharing settings both are able to see each other again, but there are no persmissions to acces files or folders....
  9. Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?

Use Remote Desktop to share 2 displays between 2 PC's on same desk?: I'm trying to figure out a way for 2 PC's to share 2 Displays. I had thought that maybe there might be an HDMI switch or splitter I could configure and posted my question in the Graphics Cards forum here that is not getting any responses. But in my online searching I came...
  10. connecting between 2 pc's

connecting between 2 pc's: I have 2 pc's. A win 10 and a win 7. They both can see each other but reject any attempts to login. I type in my username and password. Nothing. I assume those are my 'Network Credentials'. I don't even want to think about my old little XP laptop. WTF? Thanks. 70672