Windows 10: use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks?

Discus and support use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello there, i have that program (not an MS store app, just a regular program with few basics config files) which store his settings in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ok-Gate6899, Aug 15, 2022.

1. use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks?

hello there, i have that program (not an MS store app, just a regular program with few basics config files) which store his settings in c:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\app and i need that the program share his settings between windows users despite of it not offering such option, i tried to move manually the files to the Default user folder c:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\ but that don't work so it is best for me to just create a folder outside of the users folder, with Users read and write rights and use symbolic links it to each user %appdata% folder, will that even work? I never used symlinks, or is there another way? thx

submitted by /u/Ok-Gate6899
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ok-Gate6899, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Symlinks in Windows 10

Source: Symlinks in Windows 10! - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows

Brink, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Dos101 Win User

use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks?

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks?

1. use same settings for an app across windows users with symlinks? - Similar Threads - same settings app

2. Games from the windows store will not launch across windows users with the same account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games from the windows store will not launch across windows users with the same account: Hello,I have tried to troubleshoot this quite extensively. So I have 2 windows users on the same PC. I use them both interchangably. They both have the same microsoft account tied to them. If I've played the game on one user I am not able to play it on the other user until I...
  3. Games from the windows store will not launch across windows users with the same account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games from the windows store will not launch across windows users with the same account: Hello,I have tried to troubleshoot this quite extensively. So I have 2 windows users on the same PC. I use them both interchangably. They both have the same microsoft account tied to them. If I've played the game on one user I am not able to play it on the other user until I...
  4. Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10: I am looking for the folder? or maybe its a file named "Document and Settings", googling showed that either this folder no longer exists in Windows 10 or its in C:\Users\current_user_name\Local\But this does not seems to be the case for me.I am looking for this because it...
  5. Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents and Settings symlink location wins 10: I am looking for the folder? or maybe its a file named "Document and Settings", googling showed that either this folder no longer exists in Windows 10 or its in C:\Users\current_user_name\Local\But this does not seems to be the case for me.I am looking for this because it...
  6. Same content (table) across multiple apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Same content (table) across multiple apps: Can I maintain a table such that the same table is created, maintained and updated real time across various Office apps such that Excel, Onenote and Word? Thank you. submitted by /u/dalecooper1989 [link] [comments]...
  7. Using paid apps across platforms.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using paid apps across platforms.: So, my brother has a game on his computer. My computer is better than his, therefore he wants to use my computer. He has Minecraft and he wants to play it on my computer and play it on his Vr headset. We can't seem to find out on how to install it on my computer. He fully...
  8. Is it possible to turn off updating display settings across all displays used by the same...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to turn off updating display settings across all displays used by the same...: I have 3 displays im my gameroom. My laptop which uses my tv as a second screen. I use this for streaming shows or twitch. And my gaming pc which is used only for gaming. My issue is my gaming pc monitor is really nice where as my laptop and tv dont have the same quality....
  9. Set same picture for all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Set same picture for all users: Hello. I am updating our computers to 10. In windows 7 we had a custom log on screen and and all users had the same profile picture set through gpedit. I have figured out how to do the lock screen but not the log on screen. I am also having trouble with the user picts. I...
  10. Symlinks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Symlinks in Windows 10: Overview Symlinks, or symbolic links, are “virtual” files or folders which reference a physical file or folder located elsewhere, and are an important feature built in to many operating systems, including Linux and Windows. The Windows’ NTFS file system has supported...