Windows 10: Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10

Discus and support Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Something that will also allow sound to stay silent if I previously set speakers volume to silent, but volume for headphone to 100%. I have integrated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Apart-Hornet-3087, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10

Something that will also allow sound to stay silent if I previously set speakers volume to silent, but volume for headphone to 100%. I have integrated realtek audio card in lenovo laptop. I have already tried realtek app advanced settings, there is no separate setting for my card, although advanced menu exists in older driver version, still without all the options that allow separate volumes. Windows shows only one sound output called Speakers, in Playback tab of Sound. I have tried other solutions like Ellp app, and powershell script by PrateekKumarSingh on github, as suggested by many websites, but even after restart, no changes in sound volume when I plug in vs unplugged headphones. They stay shared, aka the same. I already tried different drivers by Realtek, including ones from catalog.update.microsoft.com or windows update, ones on lenovo website for my laptop model, and ones by iobit driver booster which installed newest driver, but no solution there. In all 3 cases Driver Manufacturer is Realtek in driver details in Device Manager for sound. Also I have some intel display audio card as another shown in device manager, but that is irrelevant here.

submitted by /u/Apart-Hornet-3087
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Apart-Hornet-3087, Feb 13, 2021

2. Headphone and Speaker volume Windows 10

How to separate the volume of speaker and headphone phone volume. I am using Realtek High Definition Audio. My headphone is not in the sound list.

Microsoft account user, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Regis MK5 Win User

Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10

Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

I have a Dell Latitude E6320, I just recently upgraded to windows 10 but I noticed that the volumes of the speakers and headphones are not synced together so when I change the volume on the headphones I have to change the volume of the speakers separetly
    when I pull out the headphones before upgrading I was able to change the volume of the headphones and speakers together at the same time. How do I restore that?

Regis MK5, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10

1. Use separate sound volume for speakers and headphones on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - separate sound volume

2. Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate: how to separate this speaker and headphone on my laptop cuz i just recently reset my pc because it keeps freezing after the reset this is what happen. can you help me how to fix this...
  3. Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate: how to separate this speaker and headphone on my laptop cuz i just recently reset my pc because it keeps freezing after the reset this is what happen. can you help me how to fix this...
  4. Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winfows 10 recognises Headphones as Speakers and Speakers as Headphones. Headphones sound...: I have no idea how to fix this, all I know is it's been an issue for years now, since I first built this PC, I would really appreciate any input as I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks. Some more details: I use Realtek Audio Console. I have my headphones and mic plugged...
  5. Low sound volume in headphones - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low sound volume in headphones - Windows 10: Hello, I've been having a problem that's been holding me away from using my headphones with Bluetooth. Every time I use them with Bluetooth, the volume is suddenly much lower, than if I used the AUX-cord. When I tried them on my phone, they could play loud as hell, but with...
  6. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  7. Cannot separate headphone and speaker audio

Cannot separate headphone and speaker audio: Previously I had a cheap usb headset with a mic, which showed up as a separate device in playback devices, now I got a better headphone with vmoda boom mic, but I cant get the headphone show as a separate device. I have asrock z370 extreme4 mobo, which has alc1220 realtek...
  8. no sound through speakers after using headphones and restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound through speakers after using headphones and restarting: Hi! Its hard to find this issue exactly online, but i feel there should be a simple fix i am overlooking or which windows 10 has made interminably convoluted. Quite simply on my Asus laptop if i plug in the headphones everything is normal - sound coming through the...
  9. Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones: Not sure why but my laptop with windows 10 doesn't play sound anymore from other devices such as my headphones or 3rd party speakers. Not sure which version I'm using but my laptop just updated yesterday and the problem has existed for a long while even way before the update....
  10. Separating two headphones volume settings

Separating two headphones volume settings: I have two sets of different headphones and I use them separately throughout the day. Unplug one, plug the other one. Now, they play the same sounds at different volume and I understand why that happens, but that's quite uncomfortable. In volume mixer there is only one slider...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. separate volume headset and speakee on windows

2. how to separate two sounds to earphone and speakers