Windows 10: use so many data hotspot

Discus and support use so many data hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have download a movie about 800mb but my laptop use my data about 2gb..help meeeeeee... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luqmankhalid1, Aug 15, 2019.

1. use so many data hotspot

I have download a movie about 800mb but my laptop use my data about 2gb..help meeeeeee

:)

luqmankhalid1, Aug 15, 2019

2. Data Usage In Hotspot

Click Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Data usage

Click in the list box for 'Show settings for'

Choose the connection

Click View usage per app

That should show you data usage for a particular mobile hotspot connection.

Andre for Directly, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 15, 2019
  4. use so many data hotspot

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

use so many data hotspot

1. use so many data hotspot - Similar Threads - many data hotspot

2. so many ControlSet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so many ControlSet: hello, i have windows 11 home. when i open regedit it shows so many ControlSet like thisis this normal for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-controlset/de2e3a33-e57e-4f84-bbd6-4bce00de98af
  3. Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?: Hi, I was recovering the data of an old HDD and I noticed in the software a section to wipe all the data from an HDD. I saw fill all with 0's, fill all with 1's, fill all with 0's then with 1's, then you could select the number of times the wiping was performed... I was...
  4. Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?: Hi, I was recovering the data of an old HDD and I noticed in the software a section to wipe all the data from an HDD. I saw fill all with 0's, fill all with 1's, fill all with 0's then with 1's, then you could select the number of times the wiping was performed... I was...
  5. SO many glitches....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SO many glitches....: So, I have a laptop that is five months old and has got so many software problems since day one its not even funny. Especially since the last update. I know have a laptop that at random will not recognize the attached keyboard to allow me to log in. Then I have to restart...
  6. So. Many. errors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So. Many. errors.: alright. I built a computer recently (using windows so assume this is where to post) and i have oh so many errors. Ill list these out. Tell me if there's anything in common but the only common thing i can find is driver issues and well ive been going through all of my...
  7. Data Usage In Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage In Hotspot: How to find the data usage of the connected device in windows 10 hotspot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-in-hotspot/3eff4136-a882-4bc1-afcc-07c254deb72f
  8. So Many Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Desktops: This pc is just a shortcut to the main uers folder and not another desktop.
  9. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...
  10. So Many Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Folders: I am a bit overwhelmed by the number of same title folders in the system. System may not be the correct name. Let's take the 'Pictures' folder for example. Pictures folder in the Desktop along with specific picture folders Primary Pictures folder w/sub folders in OneDrive...