Windows 10: Use spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive

Discus and support Use spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently purchased an HP all in one computer, which was advertised as a 1 TB hard drive, but in reality has a 128GB SSD C:\ drive and a 960 GB D:\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carylewis2013, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Use spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive

I recently purchased an HP all in one computer, which was advertised as a 1 TB hard drive, but in reality has a 128GB SSD C:\ drive and a 960 GB D:\ hard drive.

I would like to be able to reconfigure the system so that the 128 GB and 960 GB drives are spanned, and have the C: drive have the full 1TB of space. Having to manage installing software, or data onto two drives is inconvenient.

I tried to convert the disks to dynamic disks, and span the C:\ volume, but that does not seem to be supported.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am ok with reinstalling the OS if required, and upgrading to windows 10.

submitted by /u/carylewis2013
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/carylewis2013, Mar 3, 2020

2. OS (CUse spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive :) Drive - Extending the Volume

I've recently purchased a new laptop and came across a problem regarding the storage volume. It seems there's an arbitrary partition where C: drive has 100GB allocated and the remaining 900GB+ is unallocated. When I tried to extend the volume of C: to include
    the 900GB, the option to extend the volume was grayed out and unusable.

Unfortunately, I just don't know enough to figure out why all that space is unallocated and why I can't extend the volume of the C: drive. Searching for the answer yielded a lot of suggestions for third-party software, but I'd like to avoid that solution
    if possible. Are there any other options?

Raseleanne, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Extending volume problems

Looks like you'll need to go dynamic.

Jizzler, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Aeruon Win User

Use spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive

Can't Extend Volume of hard drive.

Hello,

I have formatted and deleted a partition on my hard drive resulting in unallocated space. I wish to extend the hard drive C: volume into the unallocated space, but can't as this option is greyed out in disk management. How can I achieve extending the hard
    drive C: volume? I'm on Windows 10 64-bits.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot:

Use spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive 63b9da60-4291-4229-b415-ef7493324b67.png

Aeruon, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Use spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive

1. Use spanned volumes for boot volume - extend C: onto 2nd hard drive - Similar Threads - spanned volumes boot

2. Hard drive Extend Volume question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive Extend Volume question: Hello,I have a Windows 2019 Datacenter server configured with 4 hard drives in a RAID 5. I added 6 additional hard drives. I made the 6 new drives ONLINE and initialized with GUID, and they are all Unallocated. The drive that has our VMs is using ReFS and is a primary...
  3. Extend Volume C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend Volume C: So I reinstalled Windows and the problem I'm having is the unallocated space I have now see image, used to be recovery space, since the reinstall that was no longer the case. I couldn't figure out how to set it up as a recovery partition again.I now either want to extend my C...
  4. C drive storage extend volume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive storage extend volume: I want to add more space in c drive from unallocated memory but I can't see the option. I also tried to use Mini Tool Partition wizard but no option available to extend the memory. Kindly advise me....
  5. Extend Volume C Drive

Extend Volume C Drive: Hi i was able to shrink my D Drive storage volume. but, when I want to extend my C Drive, it is GREYED out. I can't select it. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-c-drive/58720e3a-eb98-462e-8e6c-a559bb97fdc8
  6. Can't Extend C: Drive Volume

Can't Extend C: Drive Volume: I just replaced my hard drive with a 2TB Seagate and need to expand the storage volume to take advantage of newly available space. The drive is formatted as NTFS and I signed on as Administrator, but the Extend Volume option is grayed out. Q: How can I expand the C: drive...
  7. Spanned Volumes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spanned Volumes: Hello guys. I wanted to ask you about spanned volumes. Is it safe to use? Or i'll lose my files somehow? I have 2 SSD's as a Span Volume on my system. Should I keep it, or should I separate them? Thanks in advance, Michail. submitted by /u/mSqueez [link] [comments]...
  8. Extend Volume C:

Extend Volume C:: My C: partition is full and Will not extend through Disk Management. Windows 10 operation system is located on C: and will not update because the drive is full. I am able to shrink my 1 terabyte D: drive but cannot expand C:. Is it possible to move the Windows 10 operating...
  9. extending the volume of C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extending the volume of C drive: Inspite following the instruction of extending drives, i still find to have trouble doing the same. i want to extend the volume of c drive which is consuming 106.09 gb and i find difficult to install updates for windows..please help me resolve thi issue. with regards SID...
  10. Extend C: drive volume

Extend C: drive volume: Hi, I need some help trying to extend my C: drive volume. I removed the volume that had my Ubuntu because I don't need it anymore and I want Windows to have 1TB, not 500GB. This is what Disk Management looks like for me: [ATTACH]When I try to extend the C: volume, the option...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows span boot volume