Windows 10: Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool?

Discus and support Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I there, I have concerns about installing windows 10 on a new pc. I formatted my SSD with the intention of booting from it on a new pc, is it possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I_Wear_Jackets, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool?

I there, I have concerns about installing windows 10 on a new pc.

I formatted my SSD with the intention of booting from it on a new pc, is it possible to do this? Can I use the Windows MediaCreationTool on my SSD and then remove it from my pc and boot from it on my new pc?

Or do you have to use a USB instead? And if that's the case, can I set my new PC to boot from the SSD but use the USB to install Windows?

Sorry if I'm missing a relatively easy answer here, but this is the first time I'm building a PC. Thanks, in advance!

submitted by /u/I_Wear_Jackets
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I_Wear_Jackets, Dec 6, 2020

2. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool?

Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool?

1. Use SSD as bootable drive for windows media tool? - Similar Threads - SSD bootable drive

2. Windows 10 media tool not creating a UEFI SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 media tool not creating a UEFI SSD drive: Never had this problem before and I'm going a little crazy. I have a computer with no drive. I updated bios to latest version and installed a sata SSD 1tb. Created windows 10 media tool on my laptop changed bios to uefi and booted into the tool. I selected the new drive it...
  3. Windows 10 media tool not creating a UEFI SSD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 media tool not creating a UEFI SSD drive: Never had this problem before and I'm going a little crazy. I have a computer with no drive. I updated bios to latest version and installed a sata SSD 1tb. Created windows 10 media tool on my laptop changed bios to uefi and booted into the tool. I selected the new drive it...
  4. Windows 10 media tool not creating a UEFI SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?

Microsoft Media Creation Tool - should this create a bootable USB drive?: Hi,I have a USB external Hard Drive one TB in size with two partitions. I made the first partition 32 GB in size and formatted it as FAT32. It was assigned the letter D:. I made a second partition that includes all of the remaining space, and formatted it as NTFS. It was...
  6. Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD: Whenever I try to create a bootable USB using the media creation tool, I get an ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY BSOD. Here are the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j64hqzsi32zuzk8/minidump.7z/file....
  7. Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use a secondary SSD as a bootable drive?: I gained a virus and i want to clean install everything. I forgot my USB pen drive at home and cannot go get right now. I have 2 SSD's on my computer, one is Drive C: (Windows in currently on there) and Drive D:( Fully formated drive). Can i put the Windows 10 installtion...
  8. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool: I have troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool. I used a USB to get a copy of windows 10 for my new computer but the Windows 10 setup uses the wrong disk space. I used a Removable Disk (F:) but instead it tries to connect to the other disk space. What should...
  9. Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized

Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized: Using my old Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine, I have created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool but the thumb drive is not being recognized by the new (target) PC where I want to install Windows 10, which is running a Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard with...
  10. Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive

Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive: Hi, Ive just had another failed attempt at creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive on my laptop using the Media Creation Tool and setting the tool to use the USB flash drive as chosen media rather than the ISO method. It failed after the download had finished and at...