Windows 10: Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

Discus and support Use subfolders for background in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would suggest that every Windows user with more than 100 stored images organizes their images in subfolders. Why is it so difficult to support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThorstenRiemer, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

I would suggest that every Windows user with more than 100 stored images organizes their images in subfolders. Why is it so difficult to support subfolders for background images? This requirement has existed for several years, see among others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-subfolders-for-background-in-windows-10/d5fc2473-a8d4-4e04-919c-61ea480681b1A good workaround was in the past the usage of kind:=picture in the search query, see https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/windows-10-desktop-background-slideshow-not-seeing-subfolders-library/But with the Windows 11 update

:)

ThorstenRiemer, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Jsssssssss, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Use subfolders for background in Windows 10

I like the idea of changing my background once per day, and set the "Background" feature to do a random slideshow which uses the "Photos" folder, with the shuffle option checked. However, I keep nearly all of my photos in a number of subfolders in my "Photos"
    folder. I would like to have the background feature do a random slideshow using all of the photos in my "Photos" folder, INCLUDING all of the photos (about 99.9% of them) in the various subfolders, and not just the handful of photos in the top-level "Photos"
    folder. Can this be done? If not, then it needs to be updated, for it's a pretty useless feature as it is.

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General

EzraFreeman, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

1. Use subfolders for background in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - subfolders background

2. how to delete empty DCIM subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete empty DCIM subfolders: How to delete empty DCIM subfolders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-empty-dcim-subfolders/e3086f89-b89f-451e-9ea0-e9832476605c
  3. how to delete empty DCIM subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete empty DCIM subfolders: How to delete empty DCIM subfolders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-empty-dcim-subfolders/e3086f89-b89f-451e-9ea0-e9832476605c
  4. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder: Hi all,This problem is baffling me.I have 2 computers with Windows 10 22H2, up to date, not joined to a domain, with the same local account.On both computers, the data drive D:\ shared as D is completely shared on the local network with Everyone having full access.The data...
  5. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder: Hi all,This problem is baffling me.I have 2 computers with Windows 10 22H2, up to date, not joined to a domain, with the same local account.On both computers, the data drive D:\ shared as D is completely shared on the local network with Everyone having full access.The data...
  6. Windows 10 unable to copy files to a shared folder beyond a specific subfolder

7. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time: I want a complete path of directories and subdirectories only with no files. For example, my file and path might be:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txtI want:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ mm/dd/yyyy 00:00am/pm...
  8. List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time

List of Only Folders and Subfolders with Date and Time: I want a complete path of directories and subdirectories only with no files. For example, my file and path might be:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\My_File.txtI want:D:\Parent_Directory\Sub_Directory\ mm/dd/yyyy 00:00am/pm...
  9. Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders: Selecting a "slideshow" option for desktop background only reads images from the current folder but ignores all subfolders. Any way to fix this? I've found 2 weird workarounds, but no actual solutions so far. submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments]...
  10. Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

Use subfolders for background in Windows 11: I would suggest that every Windows user with more than 100 stored images organizes their images in subfolders. Why is it so difficult to support subfolders for background images? This requirement has existed for several years, see among others...