Windows 10: Use task scheduler for hibernation

Discus and support Use task scheduler for hibernation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 Pro ver. 2004 (os build 19041.1165) Most time window will not hibernate after the designated time has past and keeps on running. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gstan30117, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Use task scheduler for hibernation

Windows 10 64 Pro ver. 2004 (os build 19041.1165) Most time window will not hibernate after the designated time has past and keeps on running. So I decided to use task scheduler to tell my computer to go to sleep. It works with one exception, it doesn't wait the 30 minutes that I requested. I hibernat after just a few minutes. It does wake up when I wiggle the mouse etc. but will go to sleep when I stop to write something down. Here are screen shots of the task scheduler settings:

:)

Gstan30117, Aug 14, 2021

2. Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly

Your scheduled task looks fine.

I have a fundamental problem with your thread. You keep talking about "Hibernation" and the name of your schedduled task also includes this word. Now Windows 10 has two energy saving modes:

• Sleep Mode. In this mode most activities are shut off but the CPU keeps ticking over. It will respond to the keyboard, the mouse and to scheduled events.
    • Hibernation. In this mode the current state is saved to disk, then the computer is shut down. In this mode the PC consumes no power. You can disconnect the power cord or remove the battery (in case of a laptop). When resuming, the current state is read
      back into RAM and Windows resumes where it left off.
    In your scheduled task you instruct Windows to "wake the computer to run this task". This means that the PC MUST BE IN SLEEP MODE. If it was hibernating then it could not be woken because the CPU is shut down!

There are only two things that can wake a hibernating PC. Neither is dependent on the CPU:

• The power switch
    • The BIOS (if it features such a function)
    Perhaps you would like to review your problem in the light of the above observations.

Frederik Long, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Use task scheduler for hibernation

Information on task Scheduling

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the suggestions below:

By default, if it's time for your regularly scheduled backup and your computer is off, sleeping, or hibernating, Windows Backup skips the backup and waits for your next scheduled backup. However, if you want to automatically wake the computer
    to perform backup, you can use the task scheduler.

To schedule a task to wake the computer before the scheduled backup time follow these steps:

1. Click on Start button and type “Task Scheduler” in the start search box and press enter.

2. Select the “Task Scheduler” from the menu and click on “Actions” and then select “Create task”.

3. Click “Conditions” tab and make sure that “Wake the computer to run this task” is checked.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Use task scheduler for hibernation

1. Use task scheduler for hibernation - Similar Threads - task scheduler hibernation

2. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate: I have set up a series of scheduled tasks to run on Monday morning, in order to automate the start of software that often takes about 5 minutes to start up. I normally start things at home while getting ready, then hibernate my machine, and then I can start working...
  3. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate: I have set up a series of scheduled tasks to run on Monday morning, in order to automate the start of software that often takes about 5 minutes to start up. I normally start things at home while getting ready, then hibernate my machine, and then I can start working...
  4. Programs started using scheduled tasks are shutting down during Hibernate

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  6. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  7. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler: Task scheduler using local non-admin account to run shutdown /s not working. Asks for password then gives error that account does not have privileges'. I change the user running the account to admin, run whether logged off or not, not storing password, same error after...
  9. Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with auto start from hibernation using Task Scheduler: With my Win 7 system, running on a desk-top, I have successfully configured Task Scheduler to restart from hibernation at a specified time of day. This works fine - the computer powers up and already loaded programs continue functioning. Problem is that with a Windows 10...
  10. Using Task Scheduler without a password

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Task Scheduler without a password: I have Win10 64bit Home Edition. I was following your tutorial for using Task Scheduler to provide automatic scheduling for System Restore. When I reached the final stage it failed. The error message suggested that this was because I was using a blank password. A bit of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. schedule hibernation windows 10

2. hibernate task scheduler