Windows 10: Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Discus and support Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoahBardach, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service.

It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this?

Please advise. Many thanks! Noah

:)

NoahBardach, Aug 25, 2018

2. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

Hi Charlie,

I tried the first two methods the link recommended.

In the case of the first method, I couldn't get past step 1.8 (Selecting 802.11 or whatever) as there wasn't any item on the list that had anything near that name.

The second way didn't work either. I followed all the given steps up until step 2.8, at which point the drop down menu I had had no "WLAN" option. The "Wifi" option resulted in the issue not being corrected at all (my phone still says there's no internet
    connection) and selecting "Ethernet" resulted in the computer telling me there was no way to set up a mobile hotspot at all as I wasn't connected to Wifi or Ethernet.

JamesHyndes, Aug 25, 2018
  3. How to Disable mobile hotspot SSID

Hello Jimbo,

To better assist you, please follow the steps on how to turn off mobile hotspot on your Windows 10 device:

• Open Settings, click Network & Internet icon
    • Click / tap on Mobile Hotspot on the left side, and turn off Share your Internet connection with other devices.
    • Any devices currently connected to your mobile hotspot will lose connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Ian Lee Est, Aug 25, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Got it.

This usually happen if Internet Connection Sharing was not enabled. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Network Connections.
    • Please note that at this point, your hotspot connection should be showing here
    • Right-click your internet source, which should be Ethernet.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Sharing.
    • Check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection option.
    • Under Home networking connection drop-down menu select your
      hotspot connection name
    • Click OK.

Please advised as necessary.

John Ado, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

1. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection - Similar Threads - Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT

2. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot loses internet connection: Hi,Asus GL702VI laptop running Windows 10 version 21H1. Internal network adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. External network adapter is a USB Alfa AWUS036ACH paired with 2 x Alfa 9 dbi antennas. I'm currently working remotely and having to use a cousin's internet...
  6. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  7. mobile hotspot connected no internet access

mobile hotspot connected no internet access: my lenovo laptop mobile hotspot connected on my mobile but its showing no internet access how did i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connected-no-internet-access/32bf7c6d-c825-440e-9a20-314102d2cb0f
  8. Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet

Laptop connected to mobile hotspot but no internet: I just updated my windows yesterday and when i tried to connected to my phone's hotspot, it doesn't have internet connection thought the internet on my phone seems to be working fine. What do you think is the problem? Thanks a lot, appreciate it....
  9. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  10. mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet

mobile hotspot cutting connection the internet: i do have a problem withe mobile hotspot when i do Activated to share the internet . I find the yellow triangle showing up on the network connection and the internet is disconnected completely from the device. I tried all the solutions such as deleting the driver or...