Windows 10: Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable

Discus and support Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everybody, Does anybody know whether it is possible to use the value of an Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HasanÖrdek, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable

Hi everybody,

Does anybody know whether it is possible to use the value of an Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable?

For example, TS variable A has the value of 8. And I want to use this as the value of variable Q.

What I did was Set Task Sequence Variable. I named it Q. And at value I entered %A%.

This didn't work. Apparently I am doing something wrong. Could anybody tell me what?

Kind regards,

Hasan

:)

HasanÖrdek, Jul 26, 2019

2. Unable to import task sequence for x64 to in-place upgrade to Windows 10 by task sequence.

Original Title: Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade

I am trying Windows-10 In-Place upgrade by downloading the task sequence from the below Microsoft website and following the steps as mentioned in the site (Below is the link which I am referring to )

Perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 using Configuration Manager (Windows 10)

I am able to successfully import the task sequence for Windowsx86, but when I am trying to import the same task sequence for x64, it's tries replace the exiting package (TS)

• Is it possible to rename the package name in the script, if possible please let me know how to do this
    • After the windows10 migration, administrator account is disabled and not able to login to the system. What would be the solution for this ?

Vivek_7_RR, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable

How can i call system variable from txt.file or arry in powershell

i have a param.txt where listed commands like:

Get-date

Get-CauReport

.... etc.

i want to put Get-date value in to $variable in format 19 jun 2016. 19:00:17

But it puts string value "Get-date" (((

pls help

my code

$param = get-content d:\test\param.txt

$param | ForEach-Object

{

$variable = $_

$variable

}

i want to put Get-date value in to $variable in format 19 jun 2016. 19:00:17

But it puts string value "Get-date" (((

pls help

African_Corpse, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable

1. Use the value of Task Sequence Variable as the value of another Task Sequence Variable - Similar Threads - value Task Sequence

2. Multiple Values for a single Local-Variable Second value be used as an alternative when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Values for a single Local-Variable Second value be used as an alternative when...: Hello everyone. I use many services that use XDG mainly AI projects and these projects cache of XDG can be huge in size. The cache location can be manually defined with XDG_CACHE_HOME a user-variable. I was wondering, is there a way to define an alternative for an environment...
  3. Multiple Values for a single Local-Variable Second value be used as an alternative when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Values for a single Local-Variable Second value be used as an alternative when...: Hello everyone. I use many services that use XDG mainly AI projects and these projects cache of XDG can be huge in size. The cache location can be manually defined with XDG_CACHE_HOME a user-variable. I was wondering, is there a way to define an alternative for an environment...
  4. Multiple Values for a single Local-Variable Second value be used as an alternative when...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ConfigMgr CMG task sequence error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ConfigMgr CMG task sequence error: I keep getting this error while running a task sequence over the Internet. F8 isn't bringing up a command prompt despite me checking the box to enable and re-distributing content and rebuilding the boot ISO....
  6. SCCM Task sequence task 'Restart Computer' not automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM Task sequence task 'Restart Computer' not automatic: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  7. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  8. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  9. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. MDT task sequence - Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MDT task sequence - Bitlocker: Hey. Im trying to enable bitlocker automaticly. My goal is to have best encryption, full drive encryption and TPM + alphanumerical PIN. There are 2 tasks i have: enable bitlocker offline that executes ztibde script And enable bitlocker task With both enabled my end result...