Windows 10: "Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail

Discus and support "Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop for both work and personal use, running Windows 10 Pro. I have a work email configured in Outlook, and I have attempted to configure my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aussiechippie, Aug 10, 2020.

1. "Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail

I have a laptop for both work and personal use, running Windows 10 Pro. I have a work email configured in Outlook, and I have attempted to configure my personal hotmail account in Windows 10's Mail app.

When I do, I get prompted to "Use this account everywhere on your device", with no option to not. I don't want to use that account on other apps on this device. Everything else is set up just fine thanks very much. The OS itself is not linked to either of my Microsoft accounts.

I have already tried adding the registry entryHKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WorkplaceJoin, “BlockAADWorkplaceJoin”=dword:00000001 but it has no effect, even after a reboot.

Any tips?

:)

Aussiechippie, Aug 10, 2020

2. Use this account everywhere on your device

I've got this Dialog Box when I enter my password for my @outlook account in the Outlook program.

It says :

Use this account everywhere on your device
    Windows will remember your account and make it easier to sign in to apps and websites. Clicking Next means that you'll be able to find a lost device, sync your settings to other devices, and ask Cortana for help.

But I don't want to use a Microsoft Account on my computer or on any other Office app. I just want to be able to use my mail address.

This is the image I have to show the problem:

"Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail TNkyL.jpg

How can I achieve the fact of using this adress only with Outlook and no other app?

EDIT : Added image

Anonymous12223, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Steve Fan Win User
    Steve Fan, Aug 10, 2020
  4. stevehero Win User

"Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

"Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

"Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail

1. "Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail - Similar Threads - account everywhere device

2. Adding device to child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding device to child's account: Hello, I am trying to add a device to my child's account. I see the device in the device page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and it is listed under my name and not my child's. When I look at devices linked to my child, I get a page with a message: "We don't see...
  3. Adding a device to my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding a device to my account: Im trying to add a device to my microsoft account. I have followed the steps but its still not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device-to-my-account/44a93c08-1dd1-420b-9027-bcf4d4511949"
  4. Adding a device to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a device to microsoft account: I tried adding a device to my Microsoft account but the password is not recognized. I tried rebooting but it didn't work. I tried changing the password but it didn't work....
  5. Adding accounts to mail for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding accounts to mail for windows 10: Hi, I tried to add additional mail accounts (Settings>Manage accounts>Add accounts) but the pop-up doesn't show, and hence unable to proceed and add new accounts. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still didn't work. Is there another way to add the accounts? Thank...
  6. adding icloud mail account

adding icloud mail account: Hi there, I keep getting a message saying my icloud account details are out of date. I click on fix account and enter my current password only to have the message come up again. I went to my apple id page and generated an app specific password for windows 10 mail but...
  7. Adding a Device to My Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a Device to My Account: I accidentally removed a new computer from my Microsoft account. How can I add it again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/adding-a-device-to-my-account/e4dd57b7-bb02-4c40-9b5a-9b64328f9440"
  8. adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there

adding a mail account to mail and keeping it there: I have been using mail for some time. it has a number of accounts. recently my most used account (my every day one) disappeared. I reloaded it (its Hotmail) and used it. the next time I used it, it had gone again and now I have to add it as an account, then it disappears and...
  9. Adding new accounts to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Adding new accounts to Windows Mail: I have added a gmail account to the Mail app but cannot add a Plusnet POP3 account in Settings/Accounts/Add account. In 'other accounts' I enter the email address and password and get the message : 'We couldn't find info for that account. Make sure that the email address is...
  10. Error 0x8007054e when adding account to mail or calendar

Error 0x8007054e when adding account to mail or calendar: [img] I tried to remove and reinstall mail but the Store now says Reinstall and exits when I click on it [img] 7724