Windows 10: Use videos as screensaver?

Discus and support Use videos as screensaver? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi: I travel a lot and would like to use my travel video clips of about 1 minute each as a video screensaver. Meaning, when screensaver is activated,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DONDO5, Jan 20, 2019.

1. DONDO5 Win User

Use videos as screensaver?

Hi:

I travel a lot and would like to use my travel video clips of about 1 minute each as a video screensaver. Meaning, when screensaver is activated, it will cycle through the dozens and dozens of 1 minute video clips that I have. I tried loading them into the screensaver module but it only plays the first one and then the screen goes black for the rest of the time.

Is there a way to play multiple video clips for the screensaver function? I would just like setting up photos for a slideshow effect as a screensaver. But instead of pictures, it would be the 1 minute videos. Also, it would be nice if they played the videos in random order so there is somewhat of a variety.

Any tutorials on this or program extension to download?

Thanks all.

Rich

:)

DONDO5, Jan 20, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Use videos as screensaver? :)

terrace, Jan 20, 2019
  3. mk117 Win User
    How to load a video as a screensaver on Windows 10?

I need to load a video as a screensaver, so that once the screensaver is on, the video starts playing in full screen. On mouse event, the screensaver behavior could be normal, ie, go to the logon screen or quit the screen playing the video. And then on next idle screensaver activation, the video could continue right from previously left playback progress.

Basically, a screensaver that can play a video (from settings), and continue that video in a loop on each screensaver session.

Here's an Example video (downloaded):

Thanks for any help!

mk117, Jan 20, 2019
  4. James79 Win User

Screensaver issue...

I'm having a serious issue with my screensaver. Anytime I step away from my laptop...within a minute or so it will go directly into screensaver mode. This is with the screensaver disabled. How do I fix this problem...it's driving me nuts.

James79, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Use videos as screensaver? - Similar Threads - videos screensaver

2. How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc: I wanted to play videos on schedule time in my pc screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-play-video-on-schedule-time-in-pc/592861ca-6241-47b6-988b-9619221df335
  3. How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Auto play video on schedule time in pc: I wanted to play videos on schedule time in my pc screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-play-video-on-schedule-time-in-pc/592861ca-6241-47b6-988b-9619221df335
  4. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  5. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio: Sir, my hp desktop PC is having -- windows10, Firefox, connect cable Broadband with 100mbps speed, Ethernet, periodically updated. I am very much fond of watching English/Foreign language movies having English CC/Subtitles, online streaming, generally on paid channels e.g....
  6. During online streaming movies- Black screen-No Video, Only Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Screensaver Video Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver Video Loop: Hi, I'd like to get my screensaver (or lock screen, that would be even better) to loop a video. Something in like this video at 5:30 I already spent quite some time looking for software that does this but I could only find tools to get a video wallpaper, there's no...
  8. Video screensaver/lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video screensaver/lock screen?: On Windows 8, I could set a video as my screensaver. I would choose slideshow for my screensaver and choose a folder with the video in it, and it would loop without issue. I can't get Windows 10 to do the same thing. Yes, the file is a "windows media video". How can I...
  9. I need to run 8 monitors with 8 separate video cards with 8 different screensaver programs....

I need to run 8 monitors with 8 separate video cards with 8 different screensaver programs....: I need to run 8 monitors with 8 separate video cards with 8 different screensaver programs. This is for a HAL9000 console project. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Screensaver (SCR Video format)

Windows 10 Screensaver (SCR Video format): Hello community. I would like to talk about this old fashion that Windows A,K,A Microsoft has not been updated Screensaver option sense "forever". it has always been Photos or 3D graph images as the alternative of screensaver. The idea for user of their computer should...