Windows 10: Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

Discus and support Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by osly, Sep 24, 2018.

1. osly Win User

Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep crashing and never boot. I'm a noob at that kind of stuff, so...

Anyway, I was wondering if this would damage my 512gb samsung ssd?

:)

2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 24, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Toshiba Launches External 200GB 2.5" Portable Storage Device

Toshiba Storage Device Division (SDD), today introduced the world's first 200GB 2.5-inch USB 2.0 portable external hard drive capable of storing up to 57,000 digital photos, 52,000 MP3 music files, 88 DVD videos or 23 high-definition videos. The 200GB portable external hard drive delivers the highest capacity of any backup solution in the compact 2.5-inch hard drive class. Available in 200GB, 160GB, 120GB and 100GB capacities with 8MB buffer, Toshiba's new personal storage line offers consumers convenient and simple options for preserving and transporting treasured digital files. The 200GB drive is available now at Toshibadirect.com for a suggested retail price of $229. The 160GB model is priced at $180, the 120GB version for $150 and the 100GB drive for $130.

Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it toshiba_200gb_external_hdd_thm.jpg

Source: Toshiba

malware, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

how to allocate 200GB for c drive from partitioning of 1TB HDD ?

how we can allocate 200gb for c Drive of 1 TB HDD ?

when I started partitioning at end I am with 400GB for C drive ,after this it is not partitioning ,showing SIZE OF Available shrink "0"MB

AkhilBoyalla, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

1. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it - Similar Threads - VirtualBox partition around

2. Removing files by cleaning storage for use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing files by cleaning storage for use: For a school laptop from Microsoft when I want to factory reset it should I click on remove everything and clean, will this make the laptop like I just brought it new to set up and it will work even though it says use for recycling, I would still be able to use it again...
  3. Removing files by cleaning storage for use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing files by cleaning storage for use: For a school laptop from Microsoft when I want to factory reset it should I click on remove everything and clean, will this make the laptop like I just brought it new to set up and it will work even though it says use for recycling, I would still be able to use it again...
  4. I have used up 215GB of storage But I'm only using around 70GB!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have used up 215GB of storage But I'm only using around 70GB!: Yes, I went to storage sense. No I don't want to do a reset. I'm using Windows 11 Home with 237GB of storage and installed applications took up 151GB. So when I did go to storage sense, the biggest app was only 1.08GB and that was Minecraft Bedrock. the rest where under 500MB...
  5. I have used up 215GB of storage But I'm only using around 70GB!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have used up 215GB of storage But I'm only using around 70GB!: Yes, I went to storage sense. No I don't want to do a reset. I'm using Windows 11 Home with 237GB of storage and installed applications took up 151GB. So when I did go to storage sense, the biggest app was only 1.08GB and that was Minecraft Bedrock. the rest where under 500MB...
  6. Windows 10 storage leak using 902GB on spare SSD and 200GB on OS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 storage leak using 902GB on spare SSD and 200GB on OS drive: shows that the data is unknown cant tell what it is, treesize program doesn't even see it. if i hard format the drive space comes back but slowly builds back up until it consumes whole drive. wind dir stat just shows the data as unknown....
  7. Updating windows 10, removal of Virtualbox.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating windows 10, removal of Virtualbox.: While attempting to update, Windows prompts me to remove manually, Virtualbox.I do not have Virtualbox on my PC according to searching files. I have no related programs to it that I can find. Googling tells me to get a zipfile, but every single link just bounces me to Bing,...
  8. Storage partition sizes

Storage partition sizes: Available data: Partition C: Recovery 14.6 GB used 63.7 MB free. Partition E: OS 71.3 GB used 146 GB Free Problem. I can't add any new apps presumably because of the full C: I recently had a problem being unable to boot up the new Windows 10 with its latest updates. This...
  9. Storage Other People using 25% of partition space:

Storage Other People using 25% of partition space:: I have a small SDD drive with the C: partition on it. All the other stuff is getting sent to the larger D: however there is no space left on the C: drive and it is fouling the performance. The culprit when I look at the storage is "Other People": it is taking 25% of the...
  10. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

in Windows 10 Support
    Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it: As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep crashing and never boot. I'm a noob at that kind of stuff, so... Anyway, I was wondering if this would damage my 512gb samsung...