Windows 10: Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

Discus and support Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by osly, Sep 24, 2018.

1. osly Win User

Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep crashing and never boot. I'm a noob at that kind of stuff, so...

Anyway, I was wondering if this would damage my 512gb samsung ssd?

:)

2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 24, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Toshiba Launches External 200GB 2.5" Portable Storage Device

Toshiba Storage Device Division (SDD), today introduced the world's first 200GB 2.5-inch USB 2.0 portable external hard drive capable of storing up to 57,000 digital photos, 52,000 MP3 music files, 88 DVD videos or 23 high-definition videos. The 200GB portable external hard drive delivers the highest capacity of any backup solution in the compact 2.5-inch hard drive class. Available in 200GB, 160GB, 120GB and 100GB capacities with 8MB buffer, Toshiba's new personal storage line offers consumers convenient and simple options for preserving and transporting treasured digital files. The 200GB drive is available now at Toshibadirect.com for a suggested retail price of $229. The 160GB model is priced at $180, the 120GB version for $150 and the 100GB drive for $130.

Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it toshiba_200gb_external_hdd_thm.jpg

Source: Toshiba

malware, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

how to allocate 200GB for c drive from partitioning of 1TB HDD ?

how we can allocate 200gb for c Drive of 1 TB HDD ?

when I started partitioning at end I am with 400GB for C drive ,after this it is not partitioning ,showing SIZE OF Available shrink "0"MB

AkhilBoyalla, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

1. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it - Similar Threads - VirtualBox partition around

2. Storage Other People using 25% of partition space:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Other People using 25% of partition space:: I have a small SDD drive with the C: partition on it. All the other stuff is getting sent to the larger D: however there is no space left on the C: drive and it is fouling the performance. The culprit when I look at the storage is "Other People": it is taking 25% of the...
  3. W10 - Issue with Monitor the use of removable storage devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 - Issue with Monitor the use of removable storage devices: Hi, Did someone already try to follow this procedure to log all events on a USB flash (copy/deletion...)? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/auditing/monitor-the-use-of-removable-storage-devices After local security strategy...
  4. virtualbox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtualbox: Hello everyone I am new to the forum registered today. I downloaded VirtualBox a week ago and ran the setup but ending up not using it at all so I deleted it and removed it from my downloads also emptied my trash. Then while shutting down I get a message that an app is...
  5. VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Customization
    VirtualBox: Trying to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. But Microsoft Store wont allow, says I only allow apps from their store. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualbox/d15999ff-d19a-4131-8fac-9167d7075555
  6. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

in Windows 10 Support
    Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it: As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep crashing and never boot. I'm a noob at that kind of stuff, so... Anyway, I was wondering if this would damage my 512gb samsung...
  7. work around for removal of homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    work around for removal of homegroup: work around for removal of homegroup sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/work-around-for-removal-of-homegroup/215a2570-2ae5-4583-91a7-398c8ce0a994
  8. Which acceleration mode to use in VirtualBox?

Which acceleration mode to use in VirtualBox?: Can someone explain the various acceleration options in VirtualBox, and which is best to use? Host : macSierra Guests : LinuxMint18.1 and Windows10 Acceleration options : 1. Default 2. Legacy 3. KVM 4. Hyper-V 5. Minimal I'm using Default at the moment. 73218
  9. VirtualBox

VirtualBox: I've been trying to install Andyroid but the install of virtual box always fails and removes itself with no message saying why. I have search and it seems some have git it to install without any fuss so there's little help for me on the internet. As you would expect 99% of...
  10. Storage Reserved Partition Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Reserved Partition Error: I just built my first PC and am now running into some problems I could use some help with. I initially installed Windows 10 from a USB onto my SSD (Samsung 850 EVO 250gb), but also had my WD Blue 1TB HDD installed. The storage reserved partition was erroneously installed onto...