Windows 10: Use Win Backup to reinitialize another computer?

Discus and support Use Win Backup to reinitialize another computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; By some strange turn of events, I have four (4) Windows 10 computers. Two are up-to-date, with version release 1809, version 17763.316. The other two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by websquad, Feb 22, 2019.

1. websquad Win User

Use Win Backup to reinitialize another computer?

By some strange turn of events, I have four (4) Windows 10 computers. Two are up-to-date, with version release 1809, version 17763.316. The other two are stuck on release 1803. I have no data that I can't replace on the 1803 machines, and would like to use the backup from my 1809 (Home license) system (the so-called "Windows 7" backup) to wipe the1803 system drives clean and start afresh with 1809. I could then simply remove software I don't want on these two machines. Would this work? PS: One of my "good" 1809 machines is a "Pro" version and the other a "Home" version. I'll take care to use the Home 1809 for the backup.

:)

websquad, Feb 22, 2019
  2. AigleKL Win User

How to reinitialize Settings app ?

Hello everybody,

I have some troubles since I tried to reinitialize my computer keeping files but not installed softwares. The reinitialization has failed and I cam bac to the last version of my windows 10. All the windows 10 apps had disappeared but I noticed that there
    was still installed on my computer. So I reinitialize each app and it worked.

The last problem now is that I cannot reinitialize the Settings app on the list of installed apps. So the Setting app is not listed in the Start menu, I cannot launch the app fom the Start menu and the app never launch when I click on the executable program
    on C:>Windows>ImmersiveControlPanel. The only way I find to access to the app is from the notification center, it curiously works (this is how I succeed to reinitialize all the other apps) but the app does not appear to the task bar.

I trid SFC but it does not work, the same for scanhealth. I would like a command to execute which order the Settings app to be reinitialize just to observe the reaction.

So I would be very happy to be helped by this community. It would be great !

Thanks a lot !

AigleKL, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Win Backup to reinitialize another computer? - Similar Threads - Backup reinitialize another

2. Purchasing Win 11 for another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing Win 11 for another computer: If I purchase Win11 via the Microsoft store, is that license tied to MY MS account?I need to install the OS on another computer and need to purchase a copy.I'm clueless concerning how the licensing works out currently.Or, should I have "them" purchase it thru their MS...
  3. Purchasing Win 11 for another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing Win 11 for another computer: If I purchase Win11 via the Microsoft store, is that license tied to MY MS account?I need to install the OS on another computer and need to purchase a copy.I'm clueless concerning how the licensing works out currently.Or, should I have "them" purchase it thru their MS...
  4. Reinitializing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinitializing Windows 10: Dell Inspiron Mini, originally equipped with Windows 7, but upgraded to Windows 10 unassisted. I would like to recycle the unit to a different use. Reinitializing blocks when the sequence reaches "choose keybord language". Keyboard and mouse unresponsive, choice cannot be...
  5. Reinitializing Windows 10

Reinitializing Windows 10: Dell Inspiron Mini, originally equipped with Windows 7, but upgraded to Windows 10 unassisted. I would like to recycle the unit to a different use. Reinitializing blocks when the sequence reaches "choose keybord language". Keyboard and mouse unresponsive, choice cannot be...
  6. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user: Win 10 - I am using Windows 7 Backup and Restore and the error log always shows skipped files of a deleted user. The user is deleted in every way I could find to do it and I have deleted the User Folder for that user. Windows Backup must be finding that old user in the...
  7. Backup... to another drive

Backup... to another drive: So I want to back up y picture automatically to another drive. Sort of like Raid, but just for 1 folder. I know I can just copy the folder each time I want to back it up but I was looking to see if there was an easy way to automate it without additional software. I do NOT...
  8. Use Win Backup to reinitialize another computer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Use Win Backup to reinitialize another computer?: By some strange turn of events, I have four (4) Windows 10 computers. Two are up-to-date, with version release 1809, version 17763.316. The other two are stuck on release 1803. I have no data that I can't replace on the 1803 machines, and would like to use the backup from my...
  9. Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option: Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice thanks Cesar Mantilla...
  10. Restoring a Windows 10 Backup to Another Computer

Restoring a Windows 10 Backup to Another Computer: My hard drive failed and took out the motherboard when it failed. I had run an Windows 10 backup to a backup drive prior to the failure. Can I restore the backup to another computer running Windows 10?...