Windows 10: Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?

Discus and support Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 Education license and I would know if I can use it for a Windows 10 Pro installation. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PaoloM19, Jan 30, 2019.

1. PaoloM19 Win User

Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 Education license and I would know if I can use it for a Windows 10 Pro installation.

Thanks

:)

PaoloM19, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 30, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible? - Similar Threads - Education license Pro

2. Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?: So, I have this custom-built laptop that did not come with Windows installed on it, but at the time I was able to obtain a Windows 10 Education edition license for it because I was in college just from the campus store. The laptop is very worn down and doesn't even stay...
  3. Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to use Win 10 Education non-oem as regular pro/home Windows?: So, I have this custom-built laptop that did not come with Windows installed on it, but at the time I was able to obtain a Windows 10 Education edition license for it because I was in college just from the campus store. The laptop is very worn down and doesn't even stay...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Education licensing: Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of Windows 10 Pro Education at my company?Thank you!...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Education licensing: Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of Windows 10 Pro Education at my company?Thank you!...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

7. Windows 10 Education license

Windows 10 Education license: Hi, I have windows education license digital license on my laptop. When I log in to Azure from my school account I see that I can download windows with product key. So I wonder if it's allowed to use that license on my desktop, because basically, I guess it isn't the same...
  8. WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro?

WIndows 10 Education activated with a license key belonging to Windows 10 Pro?: We got several machines. Each machine has a Windows 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM license keys written in UEFI. All these machines came to us with a preinstalled Windows 10 Education. After the first connection to the Internet OS on all devices has been activated. No errors...
  9. Windows 10 Education License!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education License!: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Education on my laptop. And I've bought new PC and there was another Windows 10 Product. On that windows 10, I can't upgrade to Windows 10 Edu using my license. It notice me kinda "it's already use on another device." How can I upgrade? can't...
  10. Windows 10 Education License

Windows 10 Education License: I have installed Windows 10 Education when I was studied in my university. Can I still use it when I graduated from my university? and is it legal? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-license/c55dea88-1a53-45c3-8f50-39138a49906e"