Windows 10: Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume?

Discus and support Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I've recently bought new headphones, only to realize that their sound level is unpleasantly high. Of course, one tries to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeBedenHasen, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume?

Hello everyone!

I've recently bought new headphones, only to realize that their sound level is unpleasantly high.

Of course, one tries to use Windows itself to help himself, but everything I tried does more than just make the sound less loud: it distorts the sound very much.

I couldn't find anything that could help me, which is why I'm asking here. So, does anyone here know some way of using Windows 10 or any 3rd party software to reduce the general sound levels?

Thanks.

:)

DeBedenHasen, Sep 15, 2017

2. Using 3rd Party Software

If anyone would like to try this for their Windows Mobile device, you can sign up for a free basic online account. Since the service was originally designed for BlackBerry devices, the PIN (used to ID each BB) is only 8 digits, but that would be easy
    enough to change if needed.

With the free basic account, you can store and manage as many application registration records as you wish. The subscription term is still one year, so you'll need to renew the free subscription after 12 months, but it won't cost anything.

If you run into any problems, please email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and we'll get back to you. Thanks in advance for your time.

Mark in SC, Sep 15, 2017
  3. Using 3rd Party Software

I'm trying to understand the registration process to see if Windows Mobile users would find it useful to have a way to store and manage registration information for their 3rd party applications.

I have a service for BlackBerry devices called EZ Reregister. It let's you store the names, registration codes, and vendor contact info for all of your third party apps. When you change devices, you can enter your new device ID number, and automatically create
    emails to your vendors asking for new registration codes.

There is a Windows PC desktop version, but the online service was designed to work through the web browser of any operating system, including mobile os designs.

If anyone wants to take a lookie, you can go to the main page (EZ Reregister - for Blackberry Devices) and click on the login link, or go directly to the online login at EZ Reregister Online. Either way, there is a link so you can sign up for a free 30 day
    demo.

Currently, the service is designed for BlackBerry users, so the device ID or PIN is limited to 8 characters, but that would be very simple to change.

I designed this so that nothing resides on the device. If your beloved mobile device gets run over by a Mack truck, you can still login and request new registration codes.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, you can send them to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Thanks again.

Mark in SC, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume?

You can fiddle with audio compressors, which can and do affect perceived loudness. Google "loudness wars", a common phenomenon on radio broadcasts for the last few decades.

Are these mp3 files?

Don't these headphones have any sort of volume control? I've heard of situations with everything at max the sound is not loud enough, but can't recall ever hearing of a situation where you couldn't reduce volume--either in Windows somewhere or in the playback devices own settings.

If reducing the sound level causes distortion, I suspect something else is going on--something defective.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 15, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    I concur with ig....also what's the make/model of you new headset?

Plankton, Sep 15, 2017
  6. So, of course, thanks for the answers, but I'm not talking about reducing the volume of music files (I can do that).

What I was talking about was reducing all the sounds that are being played.

The headphones are perfectly fine and they're not defective. The "distortion" is mentioned began when I tried using Window's built-in audio enhancement called Equalizer. I basically just put all the sliders to about 25%, rather than 50%. This caused massive feedbacks (somehow) and the distortions.

Hopefully, this made it more clear.

DeBedenHasen, Sep 16, 2017
  7. Have you gone into the sound Control Panel and set everything back to defaults, taking particular care to turn off any enhancements?

Have you uninstalled and then reinstalled any sound drivers?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 16, 2017
  8. Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume?

Yes, I have, though this doesn't change anything, they're just as loud as before.
    Since I think that nobody really has this problem, I don't think there's any software to decrease all volume. Well, thanks anyways.

[I'm not going to mark this as solved as someone could still find something.]

DeBedenHasen, Sep 16, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    Did you try the 'Volume Mixer'?

Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume? [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 16, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    I use 7+ taskbar tweaker- when my mouse pointer is on the taskbar, I can use the scroll wheel for volume control.

Another program is Volumouse (free). You can specify a key + scroll wheel e.g. for volume, brightness...

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  11. Don't hate me for saying this, but you all don't get what I mean!

I know how to change my volume. I know what the volume mixer is.

The problem is that I have to put my volume to 4 or less because it'd be too loud if it was higher. I want to use a tool that lets me put my volume higher without it being too loud.

I don't even know how to explain it myself... I'm a lost cause...

DeBedenHasen, Sep 17, 2017
  12. I agree with the last sentence I quoted..................because the first sentence I quoted contradicts the second sentence I quoted.

You "know how", but for whatever reason you either can't or won't.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 17, 2017
  13. Plankton Win User

Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume?

None of us hate you.....we're just sitting at our desks scratching our heads....thinking "WHAT".

AFAIK.....there is no such tool to do what you're asking. Raising the volume without making it louder kind of contradicts itself. That's exactly what the volume control does....raises the volume up or down to the desired listening level.

So if your volume is set at 4....BTW I keep mine at 8 and it's perfect for all my listening needs.....then that's where you keep it. There's nothing else you can do.

Good luck.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume?

1. Use Windows 10 (or 3rd party software) to reduce general volume? - Similar Threads - 3rd party software

2. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  3. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  4. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  5. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  6. problem activating 3rd-party software in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem activating 3rd-party software in Windows 10: I bought a license for Creative Labs X-Fi MB3, and I downloaded the installer. But when I go to install it, it asks for my activation key, but it won't finish activating. The installer just hangs when it tries to contact the server, the window disappears and the...
  7. 3rd party software update failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3rd party software update failed: I am trying to install GarminExpress on my laptop to update my GPS but the installation fails. Garmin says it has something to do with my account or my security on my laptop but I haven't the foggiest idea what it could possibly be. I have no idea what to do to change...
  8. 3rd party antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....
  9. Update Drivers using 3rd party software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Drivers using 3rd party software?: I have just installed Driver Agent Plus and it shows 13 out of date drivers. Should I rely on Windows 10 to update necessary drivers or should I use a 3rd party program? If the latter is Driver Agent Plus a good choice.? My set-up is as I want it and I am a bit concerned new...
  10. 3rd party software for Windows 10 maintenance?

in Windows 10 Support
    3rd party software for Windows 10 maintenance?: Do I need 3rd party apps for windows 10 maintenance? I´ve always used apps like CCleaner, Glary Utilities, MalwareBytes anti-malware, and Ausologics Defrag for weekly/monthly PC maintenance. Will the new Windows 10 OS take care of this stuff automatically? 11853

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3rd party software to reduce pc processes