Windows 10: Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph

Discus and support Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Two questions: If I have a policy that allows an app, and I have a rule that uses ISG, which takes precedence if the app is explicitly allowed but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Li'l Pea, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Li'l Pea Win User

Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph

Two questions:

1. If I have a policy that allows an app, and I have a rule that uses ISG, which takes precedence if the app is explicitly allowed but does not have a good reputation?
    2. If I use the ISG rule, and if an essential app is blocked (e.g. Defender updates) what is the action I should take?

***Moved From: Windows 10/Ease of access***

:)

Li'l Pea, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Stepping up protection with intelligent security

Source: Stepping up protection with intelligent security | Microsoft Secure Blog

Brink, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing launch of Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon

Source: Solve Cybersecurity's Greatest Challenge! - Microsoft Tech Community - 294291

See also:

Brink, Jul 4, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph - Similar Threads - Defender Application Control

2. Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability: A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) which could allow an attacker to bypass WDAC enforcement. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could circumvent PowerShell Core Constrained Language Mode on the...
  3. Windows Defender Application Control enhancements in Windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Control enhancements in Windows 10 v1903: With the Windows 10 May 2019 Update we delivered several important features for Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC), which was originally introduced to Windows as part of a scenario called Device Guard. WDAC works in conjunction with features like Windows Defender...
  4. using Microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    using Microsoft defender: I am running Microsoft defender on the 4 march 19 windows gave an update request to install an update to windows 10, as I had finished what I was doing I started the update. on going back to the computer there was a Microsoft error on the screen but no response to keyboard or...
  5. Announcing launch of Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing launch of Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon: modeE3QP8wQ Today we announced the launch of the Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon. We invite you to join it and submit your creative applications that can help improve organizations’ cyber defenses. You’ll have the chance to win* a piece of the $15,000 cash prize pool as...
  6. HELP -CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION CONTROL AND WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HELP -CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION CONTROL AND WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT...: I want to use windows defender application control, windows defender exploit protection and windows defender security service with Kaspersky total ssecurity 2019. At present i customized the security modifications of windows 10 1. windows defender disabled in group...
  7. Using Windows Defender Security Center options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using Windows Defender Security Center options: July 31, 2018: Using Windows(10x64) Defender Security Center(WDSC)\Virus and Threat Protection\Threat History\ I ran a Full Scan on my PC this morning... *Information on the WDSC directly from MS indicates the *most current virus and malware definitions from MS will be...
  8. Microsoft Security Intelligence Report Volume 22 is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Security Intelligence Report Volume 22 is now available: The latest volume of the Microsoft Security Intelligence Report is now available for free download at Global Security Intelligence Report | Microsoft. This new volume of the report includes threat data from the first quarter of 2017. The report also provides specific...
  9. Using Cortana Intelligence in HoloLens Applications

in Windows 10 News
    Using Cortana Intelligence in HoloLens Applications: Telemetry plays an important role when you operationalize new experiences/apps that span the web, mobile and IoT, including new gadgets such as the Microsoft HoloLens. The abundance of data that is made available can help developers monitor and track system health and usage...
  10. Stepping up protection with intelligent security

in Windows 10 News
    Stepping up protection with intelligent security: With digital transformation, technology becomes increasingly central to every business and organization. This makes ensuring cybersecurity increasingly important. And, as employees increase their use of mobile devices and cloud-based apps, protecting their work requires a new...