Windows 10: Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph

Discus and support Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Two questions: If I have a policy that allows an app, and I have a rule that uses ISG, which takes precedence if the app is explicitly allowed but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Li'l Pea, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Li'l Pea Win User

Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph

Two questions:

1. If I have a policy that allows an app, and I have a rule that uses ISG, which takes precedence if the app is explicitly allowed but does not have a good reputation?
    2. If I use the ISG rule, and if an essential app is blocked (e.g. Defender updates) what is the action I should take?

***Moved From: Windows 10/Ease of access***

:)

Li'l Pea, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Stepping up protection with intelligent security

Source: Stepping up protection with intelligent security | Microsoft Secure Blog

Brink, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing launch of Microsoft Graph Security Hackathon

Source: Solve Cybersecurity's Greatest Challenge! - Microsoft Tech Community - 294291

See also:

Brink, Jul 4, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Use Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) with the Microsoft Intelligent Security Graph - Similar Threads - Defender Application Control

2. Is Microsoft Defender or Windows Defender Application Control WDAC included in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft Defender or Windows Defender Application Control WDAC included in Windows 11 Pro?: I have been going through the process of hardening my Windows 11 device, following this guide where I can: ACSC Essential Eight - Essential Eight Microsoft Learn. Because I only have Windows Pro account not 365, some of the guide does not apply to me.Windows Defender...
  3. Is Microsoft Defender or Windows Defender Application Control WDAC included in Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft Defender or Windows Defender Application Control WDAC included in Windows 11 Pro?: I have been going through the process of hardening my Windows 11 device, following this guide where I can: ACSC Essential Eight - Essential Eight Microsoft Learn. Because I only have Windows Pro account not 365, some of the guide does not apply to me.Windows Defender...
  4. Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Is it possible to stop receiving these updates? If so, how?OS: Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.382AV: Malwarebytes Premium v 4.5.13.208 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-intelligence-updates-for-microsoft/58662316-c0ac-4d55-8967-300a2cd66ca2
  5. Are Microsoft Defender monthly Security Intelligence updates cumulative?

Are Microsoft Defender monthly Security Intelligence updates cumulative?: hi,I'm managing a range of totally isolated Win10 Enterprise servers used in Industrial Control. I'm setting up manual patching, but I need to understand if to get fully up to date I need to run in every monthly patch since last many months or I can just use the latest...
  6. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 was the last defender update that installed. There is usually a daily update and there still is on my other laptop with WIndows 10 OS. Is there a known fix for this? Thank you....
  7. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I have 6 'important updates' that I have tried to install for about 4 weeks however I am having trouble. The updates will begin to install and then when they hit 100% they will reinstall, this happens twice and then my computer will restart. Has anybody had this issue...
  8. Allow WDAC application Control policy to allow Microsoft patches to run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allow WDAC application Control policy to allow Microsoft patches to run: Hello All, I have created WDAC policy on Windows 10 enterprise. I created the WDAC policy in the following method: I used the following files to merged and created the .BIN file 1. AllowMicrosoft.xmldefault Microsoft example files that comes with he OS- to allow Microsoft...
  9. About Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 News
    About Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender: If you administrate systems protected by Windows Defender, the default antivirus solution that is included in Windows, you may have noticed that Windows Update downloaded a definitions update called Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus. Windows Update...
  10. Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability: A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) which could allow an attacker to bypass WDAC enforcement. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could circumvent PowerShell Core Constrained Language Mode on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we have problem to get wdac to work with isg (apps with good reputation). software center is not trusted as an example.