Windows 10: Use wireless display over Lan

Discus and support Use wireless display over Lan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable and connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abbas Baharforoosh, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Use wireless display over Lan

Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable and connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for my pc, I get an error "Check your Wi-Fi connection".Why does it have to be a Wi-Fi connection?

:)

Abbas Baharforoosh, Oct 17, 2021

2. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Not able to connect wireless display

Hi Madhu,

For us to provide a solution suited to your wireless display concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Did you update your Windows?
    • Have you tried other troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, we suggest updating your wireless driver and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.

• Look for Network adapterand click it to expand.

• Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.

• Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver button to update the driver.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Use wireless display over Lan

Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Use wireless display over Lan

1. Use wireless display over Lan - Similar Threads - wireless display Lan

2. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable but I connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for...
  3. Use wireless display over Lan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use wireless display over Lan: Hi,My pc doesn't have built-in Wi-Fi so I connect it to a router with Lan cable but I connect my laptop to the same router with Wi-Fi.These two devices can see each other and I always use this way to share big files.But when I want to use the laptop as a wireless display for...
  4. printer on wireless lan

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  5. use of Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    use of Wireless display adapter: Hi, My PC shows Miracast is not available, Can I still use the wireless display adapter? System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 8/8/2020, 10:18:54 Machine name: JAIETHANN12 Machine Id:...
  6. Wake on Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Wireless Lan: Is there a way to set up my computer to wake u from wireless lan? I am running windows 10 but nowhere near an ethernet port, and would like to be able to do the regular WOL abilities. Another question I haven't been able to find anywhere, is it possible to turn on my...
  7. Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Personalization Characteristics Inexplicably Passed Over LAN: Yesterday I had a to the best of my knowledge "sleeping" Win10 x64 Compaq 8100 elite SFF PC. I was writing an email on my wife's Win10 x64 Lenovo ThinkPad when suddenly and inexplicably the laptop background picture changed to that of the 8100 and the color changed from...
  8. File sharing over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over LAN: I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do. Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and...
  9. Wireless Lan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless Lan: My son accidently deleted or uninstalled Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC from our lenovo pc. Windows 10 system. Now we can not connect to wireless. Is this repairable or do I have to purchase a wireless adaptor now? He also deleted the bluetooth function....
  10. Slow wireless lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow wireless lan: Hi I have a dell XPS L502x with a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 BGN 1x2 HMC my internet speed from the isp is 100Mbps download and 20Mbps up load and when when it is hard wired to my laptop I get 105Mbps and 21mbps upload. but the maximum I get with wireless is 62mbps...