Windows 10: Use WMP; Copy CD Collection to Less Physical Storage Devices

Discus and support Use WMP; Copy CD Collection to Less Physical Storage Devices in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi: First time using Windows Media Player, WMP. I want to copy my collection of 32 music-CDs to DVDs and to copy to USB thumb drives . I am uncertain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VinceB, Nov 14, 2020.

1. VinceB Win User

Use WMP; Copy CD Collection to Less Physical Storage Devices

Hi:

First time using Windows Media Player, WMP. I want to copy my collection of 32 music-CDs to DVDs and to copy to USB thumb drives . I am uncertain how to proceed.

Goal 1
    : Burn 32-individual CDs to 4- (or 5-) DVDs; easier storage in my car.

Question 1: How do I use WMP to burn several CDs to a single DVD?
    Question 2: Will WMP pause to allow me to insert the next CD?

I think I was in WMP (not in iTunes): When using the Burn tab, I was prompted to select one of two choices on how I want to use the DVD: either [1] like a USB drive, or [2] use with a CD/DVD player.

Question 3: How do I get back to the screen that showed me that prompt for choosing either [1] or [2].

Question 4: I do not know which to choose, [1] or [2]. What should I consider when making this choice?

I presume that my 2013 HONDA ACCORD's audio system is capable of playing CD-music files transferred onto a DVD. I have not tested this yet, because I am not familiar with WMP's method for burning several CDs to DVDs.

If Goal 1 is not possible, then:

Goal 2: Transfer 32-individual CDs to a 32-GB USB thumb drive.

I think one 32-GB USB drive (I have several available) can store my CD-music files, but I am uncertain about the required format and sampling rate to use when ripping to USB. I think the format must be MP3. (I must investigate this further; and read the ACCORD's Owner's Manual.)

Question 5: Since the USB drive is 32-GB, can I use a better format, other than MP3, and a higher sampling rate?
    Help! and TNX.

Regards,

:)

VinceB, Nov 14, 2020
  2. Dr-John Win User

Windows Media Player no longer displays CD Play; CD no longer invokes WMP

Have been using a USB connected CD player with Windows 10 successfully to rip some of my CD collection. Suddenly when I put a CD in it no longer invokes WMP. If I open WMP the CD player is no longer displayed as media source. All the discussions I have
    found around this issue are for earlier version of Windows where there appears to have been a WMP troubleshooter. Any suggestions out there?

Dr-John, Nov 14, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 14, 2020
  4. Ron S 57 Win User

How to burn a CD from Music and then rip it to the WMP?

Original Title: Windows Media Player

I am trying to take music albums (files or folders) from My Music and put them on Windows Media Player (WMP). The originals were digital from Amazom etc... I know that if I had CD's I could delete the the album in the WMP and rip the CD again. I need this
    explained in very simple click by click terms please. To make things very simple and satisfy my old school need for a hard copy of my music collection, can I burn a CD from My Music and then rip it to the WMP? Thanks and please help!

Ron S 57, Nov 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Use WMP; Copy CD Collection to Less Physical Storage Devices - Similar Threads - WMP Copy Collection

2. CD Collection Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD Collection Database: Which is a good free database for my few hundred CD Collection for Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-collection-database/ca1b1197-df59-44f3-9071-248f025f1abd
  3. CD Collection Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Collection Database: Which is a good free database for my few hundred CD Collection for Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-collection-database/ca1b1197-df59-44f3-9071-248f025f1abd
  4. WMP CD ripping error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...
  5. WMP CD ripping error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP CD ripping error: I was Just in the proses of Ripping Music CDs to Microsoft Windows Media Player just when windows scanned the problem but this happened, this error appeared. How can I fix this problem? Microsoft Windows Media Player from have errors all of the time?...
  6. WMP CD ripping error

7. burn to cd on wmp

burn to cd on wmp: how do i burn a wav or audio from my files on wmp, wmp will not show my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-to-cd-on-wmp/9c7e8309-5867-4b80-bdb9-3c3fbf5e5e32
  8. WMP will not create a music CD

WMP will not create a music CD: Many thanks to those who may have offered their suggestions. Most unfortunately, NOTHING WORKED. I tried every suggestion that was offered but without success. I did, however manage to create the Music CD I wanted, BUT on a competitor's system/software. Need less...
  9. Burning CD's with WMP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning CD's with WMP: Even though I am burning at a slow speed the CD's will not play on the CD player in my car. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cds-with-wmp/95b476e7-548a-46d1-bd05-a8348345b1a7"
  10. WMP won't burn a CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP won't burn a CD: I am running Window 10 on a desktop PC with all the latest updates (I think.) I've been trying to burn a CD and get stopped after numerous attempts. I don't see any icons to indicate where the problem is as shown in the screenshot below. After this problem, I restarted my...