Windows 10: Use WMP to Rip a music file to another folder on PC, converting from m4a to mp3 in process

Discus and support Use WMP to Rip a music file to another folder on PC, converting from m4a to mp3 in process in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I "rip" a music file from one folder on PC to another folder, using windows media player, and converting from m4a to mp3 in the process?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Herbf03, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Herbf03 Win User

Use WMP to Rip a music file to another folder on PC, converting from m4a to mp3 in process

How do I "rip" a music file from one folder on PC to another folder, using windows media player, and converting from m4a to mp3 in the process?

:)

Herbf03, Oct 3, 2019

2. .m4a be converted to .wma when sync by WMP

My phone is hTC 8X.

My Windows Media Player (WMP) version is 12.

I rip an audio CD to .m4a files by foobar2000.

I can sync those .m4a files to my hTC 8X by Windows Phone app for Desktop without any conversion,

and I can play them on my hTC 8X.

However, if I sync .m4a files to my hTC 8X by WMP, .m4a files will be converted to .wma files.

These conversions wastes time and could reduce the audio qualities.

I have disabled all conversion settings in WMP,

Organize/Options.../Devices/(select my hTC 8X)/Advanceds.../(uncheck "allow audio files to convert ...").

However, unfortunately, it's no use.

Is this a bug? If it is, please fix it, Microsoft.

Meng-Yuan Huang, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Problem with Nokia Music Manager 2.0 converting mp3-files

But WMP cannot convert MP3s into m4a, right?

toonfish---01, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Jeddie Win User

Use WMP to Rip a music file to another folder on PC, converting from m4a to mp3 in process

COPY Music Folder from WAV to MP3 - HOW?

So the WAV files are currently located on your PC right? What you need is a batch converter. If so, there are many programs that will do this eg Foobar, Musicbee (all free). Windows Media Player may even do this.

I recommend Musicbee.

Jeddie, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Use WMP to Rip a music file to another folder on PC, converting from m4a to mp3 in process - Similar Threads - WMP Rip music

2. music files mp3 convert to SRT extention why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    music files mp3 convert to SRT extention why.: music files mp3 converted to SRT extention why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-files-mp3-convert-to-srt-extention-why/35a4f9d6-6a69-43bc-a551-714ac8da7593
  3. music files mp3 convert to SRT extention why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    music files mp3 convert to SRT extention why.: music files mp3 converted to SRT extention why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-files-mp3-convert-to-srt-extention-why/35a4f9d6-6a69-43bc-a551-714ac8da7593
  4. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  5. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.: As the title says, I can no longer see the properties of the of music files in file explorer.I happened after I uninstalled the K-Lite Codec Pack Full shell extension from my computer. I tried re-starting my computer to see if it would restore the music files properties'...
  6. Properties for music ex. mp3, m4a files don't show properties in file explorer.

7. MP3 music syncing with WMP

MP3 music syncing with WMP: Hi: I am trying to transfer a playlist of MP3s music to a thumb drive for playback in my Honda 2013 sound system via an USB receptacle jack. With the Play tab selected in WMP, I selected all songs and dragged to the Playlist righthand panel. Then selected the Sync tab....
  8. how to transfer music from wmp to mp3

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to transfer music from wmp to mp3: how to transfer music from wmp to mp3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-transfer-music-from-wmp-to-mp3/cf3c4cba-f60f-4002-9767-d9e2e9044d93
  9. Download/Rip music to my MP3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Download/Rip music to my MP3 player: How do you rip/download music from Windows Media Player to my MP3 device. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I found the 'rip' setting or whatever you'd like to call it, and dragged an album over, but nothing happens. Just a reminder, you're dealing with a fossil. Any...
  10. mp3 to wmp

in Windows 10 Support
    mp3 to wmp: Please post how to take songs off mp3 player and put in windows media player. Appreciate the help! 50944