Windows 10: Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source

Discus and support Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wanted to download resource packs for minecraft, big mistake as it seems to use Adfly amongst other websites as download links. Well, I clicked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rcu1995, Jul 27, 2019.

1. rcu1995 Win User

Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source

I wanted to download resource packs for minecraft, big mistake as it seems to use Adfly amongst other websites as download links. Well, I clicked "Allow" on the upper left corner of chrome because I thought that it was needed.
    I now seem to get strange pop-ups from windows 10 alerts, (they are "sponsored ads" from some website p4.maranhesduve.club, which I do NOT trust at all).
    I have never gotten ads before, but they now come in quick succession of eachother (at least 3 at a time, every 10ish minutes), all from that same website.
    I need to know if I accidentally messed something up in Chrome, or if I have gotten a virus on my pc. Ran a "quick" security scan and got nothing.
    Also deleted the resource pack and contents from my computer completely.

- - - Updated - - -

I clicked the gear icon on the alert and went to the Google Chrome Notification settings. This allowed me to move the Site to my blocked list and the notifications have since stopped. Hopefully this will help others who may have run into this problem with chrome. It makes sense seeing as though I did press allow on that popup alert in the browser. Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source :)
    Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source [​IMG]

:)

rcu1995, Jul 27, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2019
  3. reminder alerts

Hi BobbWW,

This is not supported by Windows Phone and is a frequently asked request. I would suggest adding your vote to one of the User Voice items that asked for repeating alerts. Like this one:

Repeating alert, after receiving a text, email or voicemail.
    Microsoft uses the User Voice site to solicit feedback and feature requests.

Christopher Miller, Jul 27, 2019
  4. poud Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

hmm...

I assumed they were the same all along so I tried simply COPYING the .esd AND the .wim out, and tried to use them but that didn't work either. Now that you mention EXTRACTING it out, that maybe makes more sense.

I thought the .esd version was encrypted. Does 7-zip take care of that?

Thema:

1. Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source - Similar Threads - Used Adfly continue

2. Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows administrators may now receive email alerts about known issues: Windows system administrators who want to stay up to date regarding known issues may subscribe to email alerts know that inform them of updates. Known Windows issues describe problems with different versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system, which the company has...
  3. continue receiving app recommendations up date now & code 0xc06d007f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continue receiving app recommendations up date now & code 0xc06d007f: when i try to download anything online games, or app or anything a box show up on my screen. say It is time to update your device. to continue receiving app recommendations up date now. when I click on update now it takes me to windows updates. when i click on updatus,...
  4. Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source

in Windows 10 Support
    Used Adfly, now continue to receive Windows 10 Ads Alerts from source: I wanted to download resource packs for minecraft, big mistake as it seems to use Adfly amongst other websites as download links. Well, I clicked "Allow" on the upper left corner of chrome because I thought that it was needed. I now seem to get strange pop-ups from windows 10...
  5. Continually receiving the DistributedCOM error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continually receiving the DistributedCOM error: Recently I've received an error report described as "Event 10016, DistributedCOM". After receiving the report, I immediately googled it and did something trying to fix it, however, the problem is still there. I wonder whether it is critical, and if the answer is yes, what can...
  6. Security alert I received

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security alert I received: My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they gave. They wanted to sell me security software. Is it a scam?...
  7. Receive email alerts for Windows updates

Receive email alerts for Windows updates: How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates ***Modified title from: How can I get email alert for Windows 10 Monthly Patch Updates and Semi Annual Channel Updates***...
  8. Windows 10 Updatoe and now NO SOUND from any source

Windows 10 Updatoe and now NO SOUND from any source: SO how do I correct this? My Drivers are all updated and yes I know what a mute button is.....HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-updatoe-and-now-no-sound-from-any/198dd698-2f0c-460b-b4ae-539131d59d6c
  9. Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo W530 laptop, that started with Windows 7 Pro, then got upgraded to Windows 8, then 8.1, and now 10 Pro. I have the factory setup disks for only 7 and 8. I ran DISM and it says the source files could not be found. From a similar problem several months...
  10. AllJoyn: Open source (IoT) gets added to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    AllJoyn: Open source (IoT) gets added to windows 10: Not sure if this has already been posted on the forums, but if you're someone who is intrigued by the Internet of Things then windows 10 might just be the OS for you. *Wink Microsofts Windows 10 Includes Smart Home Features Microsoft announced last November Windows...