Windows 10: Used command prompt bdcedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot in safe mode and can't even...

Discus and support Used command prompt bdcedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot in safe mode and can't even... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! I'll get right to the point! It began by me having trouble starting Skype and searched for help. I found a page where several possible... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KO André, May 23, 2020.

1. KO André Win User

Used command prompt bdcedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot in safe mode and can't even...

Hi!

I'll get right to the point! It began by me having trouble starting Skype and searched for help. I found a page where several possible solutions/steps are available to try. After the first step failed, I then tried the second - which I regret now. It was to enable safe mode with networking on through msconfig and rebooting the PC. The big problem I realized later is that I only login with my fathers local account using a PIN because it's his PC. This was now impossible. I then through a suggestion on a microsoft thread did a hard shutdown twice to enter Repair tool, not sure if it's even called that. This was done so I could enter the command prompt. In there I wrote the command bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and successfully ran the command as suggested. Now it turns out I can't even get the password box to appear, all while showing the background screen with the time and date on the left and battery and wifi connection on the right. Clicking on the screen or pressing certain keys just makes the symbols jump up a bit only to revert back its original positions. And to makes things worse, I have no Windows 10 bootable repair disk or flash drive to fix the problem. I'm obviously not very knowledgeable about this and are in need of assistance by people with expertise in this area. Is there a way to fix this? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks to anyone who have taken the time to even read this elaborate problem!

:)

KO André, May 23, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, May 23, 2020
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 23, 2020
  4. Time Lady Win User

Used command prompt bdcedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot in safe mode and can't even...

Issues with safe mode.

If you are stuck in safe mode:

Try booting your machine with Windows 10 installation media

At the Install screen, click on "Repair" on the lower left.

Then Troubleshoot.

Advanced.

Select Command Prompt and type in the following:

bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

If that gives an error, use:

bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot

Time Lady, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Used command prompt bdcedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot in safe mode and can't even... - Similar Threads - Used command prompt

2. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  3. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.: I had the problem of the user not loading during startup so i booted my pc on safe mode with command prompt and when i opened it i put the command and naturally closed the command prompt, there is a black screen and there i nothing i can do, its a laptop Haier Y11b to be...
  4. Not Exiting the Safe Mode with command prompt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  6. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Enable safe mode with command prompt: My windows 10 account will not allow me to sign in. The password is correct and my keyboard is not the problem. When I go to troubleshooting and select they key for enable safe mode with command prompt, my pc restarts but the command prompt does not come up. When my pc loads...
  7. Enable safe mode with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows XP Safe mode with Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP Safe mode with Command Prompt: I have a Fujitsu p1630 2008 model. I have never loaded any external programmes on to it and it has only ever had me as a user. Not used for a while. Keyed in my user password incorrectly a few times. My user name changed to Administrator for which i do not have a password. I...
  9. Safe mode command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode command prompt: How to leave the command prompt area in password and which password is required in that portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-command-prompt/d638cfbb-e2a9-4ea7-8522-8ce7edb31635
  10. Lenovo Yoga laptop stuck in Safe Mode/safeboot even after bcdedit /deletevalue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo Yoga laptop stuck in Safe Mode/safeboot even after bcdedit /deletevalue: So my mums camera wasn't working, had a blackscreen when starting the Camera app , my dad booted into Safe Mode using msconfig and checking Safeboot, without knowing that PIN Password won't work afterwards. Now were stuck in Safe Mode. My dad suggested deleting it with...