Windows 10: Used Hard Drive Space does not match

Discus and support Used Hard Drive Space does not match in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my c: drive says I've used 192G... when I select all folders and click properties its says I've used 80.1 G. How do I fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LebbeusWoods, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Used Hard Drive Space does not match

my c: drive says I've used 192G... when I select all folders and click properties its says I've used 80.1 G. How do I fix?

Used Hard Drive Space does not match becb814c-4676-4ca8-b67f-d8ea0e2f0c88?upload=true.jpg Used Hard Drive Space does not match aaae6060-f24e-4d66-b42b-6c1c55837415?upload=true.jpg Used Hard Drive Space does not match c71e3434-6275-4b90-aa09-1d32fcdc60b1?upload=true.jpg

:)

LebbeusWoods, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jun 19, 2019
  3. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 19, 2019
  4. J Suen Win User

Used Hard Drive Space does not match

Hard drive free spaced does not match with used space

Hi, Sangeeta.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the 2 steps as mentioned. However, the situation did not improve.

I deleted the files in the two Temp folders as much as I can but there wasn't any significant change for the free space (probably because I had already deleted once before I post this question). After running the virus scanner provided from your link, there
    was no virus/potential threat found.

Any suggestion?

J Suen, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Used Hard Drive Space does not match

1. Used Hard Drive Space does not match - Similar Threads - Used Hard Drive

2. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  3. does a mounted volume use disk space on the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does a mounted volume use disk space on the hard drive?: I have a Box mounted volume. Does this also use space on my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-a-mounted-volume-use-disk-space-on-the-hard/42917f1c-32f3-49eb-97ae-018f643d3546
  4. does a mounted volume use disk space on the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does a mounted volume use disk space on the hard drive?: I have a Box mounted volume. Does this also use space on my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-a-mounted-volume-use-disk-space-on-the-hard/42917f1c-32f3-49eb-97ae-018f643d3546
  5. does a mounted volume use disk space on the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space: Why is OneDrive taking up space on my hard drive? The storage info says OneDrive is using 33 GB. I needed a new computer and bought one a few months ago. Had to get one with 128 GB because computers were sold out everywhere. I figured that since I have OneDrive, only the apps...
  7. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  8. no space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no space on hard drive: hello, I have not much space left on hard drive but I don't know what is taking so much space please advice ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-space-on-hard-drive/5d048c6b-e63d-4b69-a5f0-a24668607148
  9. Hard drive used space varies greatly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive used space varies greatly: Yesterday I had 64gb+ of a 128gb hard drive free and now I have 57 and I have not installed. I have run every cleanup program, command line that I can find and it does not have any effect on it; also cleaned out SoftwareDistribution folder, all upgrade files were removed long...
  10. Hard Drive Space Used Bar Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard Drive Space Used Bar Color: Greetings, I am going to abuse your good nature again! I am attempting to create a green theme in Windows 10. I am progressing rather well (background, Start10, explorer windows, etc). I have read a number of resources which show how to change hard drive icons. However,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows used space does not match