Windows 10: Used hdd

Discus and support Used hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can anyone out there tell me how to prepare a used hdd so that I can store backups on it? I tried and windows 10 keeps telling me there is not enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenCallahan, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Used hdd

Can anyone out there tell me how to prepare a used hdd so that I can store backups on it? I tried and windows 10 keeps telling me there is not enough room for a shadow copy. I am trying to make a system image backup on a 500gb hdd and store it on a 1tb hdd. how is there not enough room? If anyone can help with this, I would very much appreciate it,

Steve

P.S. It has been repeatedly formatted and each sector is using ntfs.

:)

StevenCallahan, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Used hdd

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Used hdd

1. Used hdd - Similar Threads - Used hdd

2. Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.: New drive is installed, drive containing system image is connected via usb. New drive is 1 TB. Previous drive was 2 TB.Steps I did:Boot into recovery modeTroubleshoot > Advanced > System Image Recovery > error thrownMenu opens when additional usb is inserted, but different...
  3. Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.: New drive is installed, drive containing system image is connected via usb. New drive is 1 TB. Previous drive was 2 TB.Steps I did:Boot into recovery modeTroubleshoot > Advanced > System Image Recovery > error thrownMenu opens when additional usb is inserted, but different...
  4. Trying to use System Image Recovery to switch out hdd, throws a STATUS_WAIT_3 0x80070003 error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I have both sdd and hdd drives in my HP pc using wndows 11. My sdd is nearly full and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have both sdd and hdd drives in my HP pc using wndows 11. My sdd is nearly full and I...: How can I move files from my pc internal SDD to my internal HDD. The SDD is nearly full and. I need to free up space. Info that I have found online always assumes that I want to transfer to an external drive. I have a HP desktop running windows 11....
  6. I have both sdd and hdd drives in my HP pc using wndows 11. My sdd is nearly full and I...

I have both sdd and hdd drives in my HP pc using wndows 11. My sdd is nearly full and I...: How can I move files from my pc internal SDD to my internal HDD. The SDD is nearly full and. I need to free up space. Info that I have found online always assumes that I want to transfer to an external drive. I have a HP desktop running windows 11....
  7. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  8. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  9. After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...: I've just created a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB external HDD. In addition to the 32 GB Active Primary Partition, there is a 2016 GB Unallocated Partition and a !0991 GB Unallocated on the recovery drive. Can I store other data to be backed up in the 10,991 GB...
  10. After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...

After creating a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB HDD using Windows 11, can I...: I've just created a Microsoft Backup recovery drive on a 14 TB external HDD. In addition to the 32 GB Active Primary Partition, there is a 2016 GB Unallocated Partition and a !0991 GB Unallocated on the recovery drive. Can I store other data to be backed up in the 10,991 GB...