Windows 10: Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key

Discus and support Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought this laptop couple of year back and running window 10 till now and recently my laptop show I have activation issue on the screen but I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HansonLi1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. HansonLi1 Win User

Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key

I bought this laptop couple of year back and running window 10 till now and recently my laptop show I have activation issue on the screen but I do not have the product key.

Please help.

:)

HansonLi1, Jul 10, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jul 10, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    oem activation key

If it is a UEFI Bios you shouldn't have to enter the key at all. If it is you will have to enter your key again and run activation. Even if you do swap boards the key will work.

cdawall, Jul 10, 2019
  4. ATIonion Win User

XP Activation issues

if the key was once activated (as in your case) then you will have to call microsoft and they have you do a series of steps to obtain a product number that they then can assign a key for...if the system hasnt changed since activation then it shouldnt be a problem, xcept that the person you will talk to from microsoft will be really hard to understand...when you talk to them you'll know what i mean..

hopefully someone else may have a better solution then this for you ....good luck*Rockout :rockout:

ATIonion, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key - Similar Threads - Used laptop require

2. Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week: Have got calls from 4 different people and I had this happen to me on a brand new Dell Optiplex this week. After a Windows 11 update and reboot Windows is asking for a BL key. BL is on all the machines but not activated. There is an issue that is being held secret by someone....
  3. Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key required when BL is not activated yet. 4 times this week: Have got calls from 4 different people and I had this happen to me on a brand new Dell Optiplex this week. After a Windows 11 update and reboot Windows is asking for a BL key. BL is on all the machines but not activated. There is an issue that is being held secret by someone....
  4. i have original Window in my laptop but i dont have product key . maybe i can't activate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have original Window in my laptop but i dont have product key . maybe i can't activate...: i bought asus rog strix g15 , it have original window but it dont have product , if i install win 10 that maybe i cannot activate new win 10 and my os is win 11 i want to back to win 10...
  5. i have original Window in my laptop but i dont have product key . maybe i can't activate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have original Window in my laptop but i dont have product key . maybe i can't activate...: i bought asus rog strix g15 , it have original window but it dont have product , if i install win 10 that maybe i cannot activate new win 10 and my os is win 11 i want to back to win 10...
  6. i have original Window in my laptop but i dont have product key . maybe i can't activate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. activating windows problem and i dont know if i have a product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activating windows problem and i dont know if i have a product key: [ATTACH]help me please what do i do [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-problem-and-i-dont-know-if-i/58b12e02-0ef1-439c-9027-266cafeedd13
  8. i have not windows activation key so i need a new activation key for my laptop.

i have not windows activation key so i need a new activation key for my laptop.: please send me new activation key for my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-not-windows-activation-key-so-i-need-a-new/e3af803e-a13a-4d6b-965f-52d4dfcd0b83
  9. how to system activation i dont have product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to system activation i dont have product key: Hi kindly give to me solution for system activation. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-system-activation-i-dont-have-product-key/98984f2b-7d71-4348-aad4-5b155ab42ebd
  10. i dont know the product key and now im having issue in activation of my windows 10

i dont know the product key and now im having issue in activation of my windows 10: i dont know the product key and now im having issue in activation of my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-product-key-and-now-im-having/7b0c9258-b0e8-4b2e-973c-5d6a3d929ec0"