Windows 10: Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key

Discus and support Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought this laptop couple of year back and running window 10 till now and recently my laptop show I have activation issue on the screen but I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HansonLi1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. HansonLi1 Win User

Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key

I bought this laptop couple of year back and running window 10 till now and recently my laptop show I have activation issue on the screen but I do not have the product key.

Please help.

:)

HansonLi1, Jul 10, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jul 10, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    oem activation key

If it is a UEFI Bios you shouldn't have to enter the key at all. If it is you will have to enter your key again and run activation. Even if you do swap boards the key will work.

cdawall, Jul 10, 2019
  4. ATIonion Win User

XP Activation issues

if the key was once activated (as in your case) then you will have to call microsoft and they have you do a series of steps to obtain a product number that they then can assign a key for...if the system hasnt changed since activation then it shouldnt be a problem, xcept that the person you will talk to from microsoft will be really hard to understand...when you talk to them you'll know what i mean..

hopefully someone else may have a better solution then this for you ....good luck*Rockout :rockout:

ATIonion, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Used laptop and now require activation yet i dont have the activation key - Similar Threads - Used laptop require

2. i dont know the product key and now im having issue in activation of my windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i dont know the product key and now im having issue in activation of my windows 10: i dont know the product key and now im having issue in activation of my windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-product-key-and-now-im-having/7b0c9258-b0e8-4b2e-973c-5d6a3d929ec0"
  3. win 10 was activated and i reset my dell laptop and now not activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 was activated and i reset my dell laptop and now not activated: this is my screen shot[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-was-activated-and-i-reset-my-dell-laptop/c303780b-d0d6-4f02-a2ff-907a5717d1e6
  4. I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I dont have a bitlocker recovery key and yet it's still asking me: So I have a lenovo ideapad 100s. I've updated it from 8 to 10. It's been quite a while like one year since I've updated it. Now its asking for bitlocker recovery key. The thing is I havent even set up bitlocker and I'm the only one who uses this laptop. When i used the...
  5. Now I can't activate my licence key.

Now I can't activate my licence key.: Now I can't activate my licence key. [IMG] Here is my licence key. There is noticeable thing that I am trying to active in same laptop and there was a pro type key already existing. Now what can I do now. Can I active a international global version windows with this key....
  6. Office dont want activated

Office dont want activated: Hello, I want to try install office on my another computer. I'm first deleted office on my old computer, then when I try to activated my product key offce H&B ( I have card and product key ) then told me that licence be activated the maximum nuber of times. How we fixed that?...
  7. Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to...

Recently changed computers and now i cant activate windows with the keys i have linked to...: As the title implies, i recently changed computers (my motherboard stopped working). I still have the original HD and hardware. When i tried to migrate the OS to the new computer using the Mini Partition Tool app all went well until i restarted my computer. I have tried the...
  8. I changed my hardware and now i dont have a licens key for windows

I changed my hardware and now i dont have a licens key for windows: I changed my motherboard and my CPU in this PC and i had a digital license key attached to my Microsoft account, but now I've logged in with that account but it says that my windows is not activated. Can I get help please?...
  9. not activated now

not activated now: Thanks, and I am trying to learn more about "Clean Install" and Windows 10 activation. When I first upgraded to win 10, and during the first 4 days after updating the win 10 system file said is was "activated" but then i started saying that is was not activated.... and I...
  10. activation required win10

activation required win10: Hello, I recently changed my laptop's motherboard, and after few days windows is asking for activation. Although prior changing the motherboard everything was running just fine. I upgraded from win 7 with genuine key. 22265