Windows 10: Used laptop clean install issue.

Discus and support Used laptop clean install issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I recently picked up used thinkpad. I’m trying to do a clean install of windows 10 pro on it. I have downloaded windows 10 onto usb and from there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gmuir79, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Used laptop clean install issue.

Hi I recently picked up used thinkpad. I’m trying to do a clean install of windows 10 pro on it.

I have downloaded windows 10 onto usb and from there I can get to the the point where it gets to picking a network connection. When I choose my WiFi network it takes me to a login page where it asks for a Microsoft 365 account and password with what appears to the previous owners corporate logins. I can’t get any further.

If I redo the install and pick “ I have no internet “ I can bypass this and do a local install which works perfectly well.

What I want to know is can I completely wipe the laptop so when I install it does not ask for this domain login.

submitted by /u/gmuir79
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gmuir79, Feb 19, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 19, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

4. Used laptop clean install issue.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Used laptop clean install issue.

1. Used laptop clean install issue. - Similar Threads - Used laptop clean

2. Clean install on used Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install on used Microsoft Surface: My old Microsoft Surface is failing. I am looking at buying a used Microsoft Surface online, but it does not include an operating system. Can I install Windows without having to purchase a new license?...
  3. Clean install on used Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install on used Microsoft Surface: My old Microsoft Surface is failing. I am looking at buying a used Microsoft Surface online, but it does not include an operating system. Can I install Windows without having to purchase a new license?...
  4. Issues with clean Win10 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  5. Laptop Driver & Clean Installation issues

Laptop Driver & Clean Installation issues: Heya. As per guidelines, I'll do my best to elaborate as clearly as I can. I'll also try and explain all the events leading up to it. So! I've had this Laptop for about... two years? Three years? It worked fine until about six months or so ago. Randomly, it just started to...
  6. Issues with clean install

Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  7. Clean installation by using Recovery

Clean installation by using Recovery: I updated to Windows 10 1903. If I uses Recovery of Setting to reinstall Windows by erasing all personal data, would it be the same as clean installation using external USB drive?...
  8. Clean install Windows on a Laptop

Clean install Windows on a Laptop: Hello, I would like to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on my laptop. On my laptop, I have Windows 10 1803 Home. There are two things I would like to ask. I want to perform the installation for Windows 10 1809 Pro on my laptop. But the problem is, during performing...
  9. Issue with Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  10. Issue doing a clean install of Win 10 on a laptop

Issue doing a clean install of Win 10 on a laptop: Hello, When I purchased my laptop it had Windows 8 on it. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 with no issues. Lately my laptop has been giving me issues so I did a factory reset back to Windows 8. I downloaded the Windows 10 media creation tool to a USB drive. I made...