Windows 10: Used Macrium, now cannot get into system BIOS

Discus and support Used Macrium, now cannot get into system BIOS in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I used Macrium Reflect v7.2.3957 on my Windows 10 Pro machine with MBR boot drive. I used menu "Other Tasks", "Create bootable Rescue media". I chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by docGlenn, Dec 30, 2018.

1. docGlenn Win User

Used Macrium, now cannot get into system BIOS

I used Macrium Reflect v7.2.3957 on my Windows 10 Pro machine with MBR boot drive. I used menu "Other Tasks", "Create bootable Rescue media". I chose Windows RE for Base WIM. When asked to Select Device, I chose Windows Boot Menu.

Used Macrium, now cannot get into system BIOS [​IMG]

But I apparently made a tragic mistake: at some point I apparently chose C: as a destination, rather than a USB drive. It was an option that looked sensible (I thought I was choosing the source, not the destination), but now I can't bring this option up to show you.
    When I rebooted I got this screen:

I am able to boot into Windows 10, but cannot boot into the Macrium Repair.
    And I can no longer access my BIOS to even attempt to boot into other repair drives that I have (such as WinPE) or choose to boot from DVD.
    Since I can't run a WinPE environment, my options seem pretty limited.
    What have I done that prevents me from entering BIOS? What did Macrium do to my C drive?

:)

docGlenn, Dec 30, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 30, 2018
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Used Macrium, now cannot get into system BIOS

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Used Macrium, now cannot get into system BIOS

1. Used Macrium, now cannot get into system BIOS - Similar Threads - Used Macrium cannot

2. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".: When I created a System Image for backup and tryed to restore the system Image, I received the following warning and the restoration failed. "Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS...
  3. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".: When I created a System Image for backup and tryed to restore the system Image, I received the following warning and the restoration failed. "Windows cannot restore a system image to a computer that has different firmware. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS...
  4. The system image was created on a computer using BIOS EFI and this computer is using EFI BIOS".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant get macrium to work for system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cant get macrium to work for system image: So I put on MF to use to do a system image backup do to Win 10 getting rid of the built in system in image function . I have gotten to the point where it loads the program but when that gets loaded I have no keyboard or mouse function . It is a logitech keyboard and a third...
  6. Using Macrium Reflect

Using Macrium Reflect: I'm not confident about using this. Googling tells me Launch Macrium Reflect from your Start menu, desktop or taskbar. Click the disk you want to clone. ... Click Clone this disk Click Select a disk to clone to I've done this but it's not obvious where/what you Click or...
  7. Cannot get in bios on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot get in bios on windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to get into bios settings on my PC but windows load fast an the f keys don't function. Tried using recovery>advanced options but when I troubleshoot windows startup none of the f1 to f10 keys work and neither the enter key work that would permit me...
  8. Woke the system, now getting this.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Woke the system, now getting this.: Came back and woke the system after a nights sleep, without doing anything besides refreshing a page here on tenforums that I had left open, I kept getting the following alert. [img] Any ideas? Should I be worried? Should tenforum users be worried? 13514
  9. Macrium: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive

Macrium: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: I have downloaded Macrium Reflect to try it out before purchasing. It is v6.3.1665. I am seeing the errors: The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive: Y:\Visual Studio\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TeamFoundation\Team Explorer\1045\* and on and on...
  10. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...