Windows 10: used PC blocked with passwords

Discus and support used PC blocked with passwords in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a used HP PC at a flea market. The seller showed me that it worked OK. I used it and it did work OK. But after I brought it home and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by collieman, Feb 16, 2020.

1. collieman Win User

used PC blocked with passwords

I bought a used HP PC at a flea market. The seller showed me that it worked OK. I used it and it did work OK. But after I brought it home and tried to set it up the way I wanted it I found that I couldn't do anything without entering a password. I tried to install ccleaner, bit defender, malwarebytes but had to enter a password to do it. Can't open system restore without a password. Can't open computer management, user accounts in control panel, or change any settings at all. I can't uninstall some of the things I don't want either without a password. Everything I try to do I have to enter a password. I don't know who the seller was to get the password from him. It boots OK and then asks for a password. I press enter and it then continues to desktop. The computer works fine otherwise. How can I turn off this asking for a password for EVERYTHING I do? In a way I feel like I'm locked out of my computer. Thank you.

:)

collieman, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 16, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 16, 2020
  4. used PC blocked with passwords

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

used PC blocked with passwords

1. used PC blocked with passwords - Similar Threads - used blocked passwords

2. Blocked PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked PC.: I have had my pc blocked. With a message from Microsoft asking me to phone this number. 0330 055. 4971. So an engineer and talk me through how to correct the problem. Is this a scam message....
  3. Blocked PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked PC.: I have had my pc blocked. With a message from Microsoft asking me to phone this number. 0330 055. 4971. So an engineer and talk me through how to correct the problem. Is this a scam message....
  4. How to open/create password in used PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to open/create password in used PC: I inherited a PC without PIN/Password info. How do get access for PIN/Password? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-opencreate-password-in-used-pc/8cd7e337-7ced-4865-b8c0-b57442623d93
  5. PC Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Blocked: There are 3 open pages. !. WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY CENTERIn red App:Ads.financetrack2.dllThreat detected:Trojan Spyware.Access has been blocked Contact Windows Support: +1-888-378-1308Security HelplineNext Window is blue backgroundCan't read messagesThis is on my other...
  6. PC offline, please use last password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC offline, please use last password: Just updated my 1st gen Surface Go 4gb with the latest windows 10 insider preview, and when it restarted it came to the log in screen and it wouldnt allow me to use windows hello face or pin and said i had to use password. Enter my password and it doesn't log me in. Says i...
  7. Blocked password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blocked password: I cannot login on another laptop. Cannot reset password. It has windows 10. Outlook account working on other laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-password/6e067edb-e37f-44a9-a72b-ecde8189fc8f
  8. Blocked password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked password: Is Microsoft blocked my password to sign into Amazon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-password/35d07de7-feb7-45ab-b347-6cb8211df890
  9. Forgotten password on seldom used pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password on seldom used pc: I have a pc that is seldom used, it may be w8.1 or w10, and have tried every log on password that I can think of. If I can get it running, then the password will be changed to be in my current series of passwords that get used with the other pc's.*Confused 123207
  10. Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlock PC using Microsoft Account's password: Hi, When I purchased my laptop, the vendor created a local account without a password. However, I linked my MS account to this local account but still, it is not asking for any password to unlock. I don't want to create a local password but like to have the same MS account...