Windows 10: Used personal laptop at work, left work, BitLocker issues

Discus and support Used personal laptop at work, left work, BitLocker issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I used to work at Microsoft. Used my own laptop. Bitlocker was applied. I just forgot to remove. Now when I boot I get the BitLocker warning and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SeattleNoodle, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Used personal laptop at work, left work, BitLocker issues

Hi,

I used to work at Microsoft. Used my own laptop. Bitlocker was applied. I just forgot to remove. Now when I boot I get the BitLocker warning and key. But when I look up my keys they don't match my personal keys...they match my old corporate keys.

How do I recover? Is there a way to save my files and get my old keys?

:)

SeattleNoodle, Sep 12, 2020

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Sep 12, 2020
  3. CraigS Win User
    Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Used personal laptop at work, left work, BitLocker issues

Windows 10 "Left Alt + Shift" language input switch suddenly stop working. It used to work before.

Hi Jida,

There are a few reasons why "Left Alt + Shift" is suddenly stopped working on your computer. Since you mentioned that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you create a
    Test Profile. From there, check if the issue occurs.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Used personal laptop at work, left work, BitLocker issues

1. Used personal laptop at work, left work, BitLocker issues - Similar Threads - Used personal laptop

2. Convert work laptop to personal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert work laptop to personal: Hello I am trying to change my old work laptop so I can use it at home. My old employer didn’t want it back, so I tried to reinstall windows, but I am still being asked to log in with my work email which no longer exists. The IT department have said they cannot help. Seems a...
  3. Convert work laptop to personal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert work laptop to personal: Hello I am trying to change my old work laptop so I can use it at home. My old employer didn’t want it back, so I tried to reinstall windows, but I am still being asked to log in with my work email which no longer exists. The IT department have said they cannot help. Seems a...
  4. Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop: Does anyone know how I fix my Dell laptop when the Bitlocker recovery screen comes up? I tried to log into my Microsoft acct under devices and Bitlocker recovery manage recovery but get a blank page. So I’ve no way of getting the key. I’ve also tried to reset computer,...
  5. Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop

Bitlocker recovery on personal laptop: Does anyone know how I fix my Dell laptop when the Bitlocker recovery screen comes up? I tried to log into my Microsoft acct under devices and Bitlocker recovery manage recovery but get a blank page. So I’ve no way of getting the key. I’ve also tried to reset computer,...
  6. Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop: I worked for a startup and they provided me with a laptop. However, they changed their business and moved to other country and they asked me to keep the laptop myself. I do not have the company email address to login and there are no IT guys of the company etc as they...
  7. Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop

Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop: I worked for a startup and they provided me with a laptop. However, they changed their business and moved to other country and they asked me to keep the laptop myself. I do not have the company email address to login and there are no IT guys of the company etc as they...
  8. Turn work or office laptop into personal laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Using personal laptop with Intune at work. possible ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using personal laptop with Intune at work. possible ?: HI, I want to use my personal laptop at work however the company uses Intune, is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-personal-laptop-with-intune-at-work-possible/77a7c091-fbb0-40af-82ef-f5822753b0b7
  10. personalize not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    personalize not working: [IMG][ATTACH]when I right click on personalize tab on the desktop the page does not open...how should i make it reset.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/personalize-not-working/cad6a90c-25b4-4b8d-86db-346709b81f39