Windows 10: Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable

Discus and support Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows update completely wiped out my documents folder, nothing in the recycle bin. Recover lost files on Windows 10 utility was used from the cmd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by crussellgo, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable

Windows update completely wiped out my documents folder, nothing in the recycle bin. Recover lost files on Windows 10 utility was used from the cmd prompt and all files, pdf, xls, xlsx, doc, docx, bpm, png, jpg, Gif etc were recovered.Unfortunately every file I open of any type either displays an error of file format not readable, file format does not match or the information is garbled.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

crussellgo, Jan 23, 2023

2. File Lost!!

I had that happen once where I lost a file that was too big to recover, and I couldn't find a utility that could do it, either . . .

I ended up having to take the HDD to CompUSA and have them retrieve the lost info *Eek! Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable :eek:

imperialreign, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Jan 23, 2023
  4. Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable

Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable

1. Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable - Similar Threads - Used Recover lost

2. Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY: what syntax should i use if i want to recover a file from C: to my documents in the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-lost-file-using-windows-file-recovery/6445e2e2-ce73-41f0-8b61-0586b4b29cf4
  3. Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover a lost file using WINDOWS FILE RECOVERY: what syntax should i use if i want to recover a file from C: to my documents in the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-a-lost-file-using-windows-file-recovery/6445e2e2-ce73-41f0-8b61-0586b4b29cf4
  4. Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable: Windows update completely wiped out my documents folder, nothing in the recycle bin. Recover lost files on Windows 10 utility was used from the cmd prompt and all files, pdf, xls, xlsx, doc, docx, bpm, png, jpg, Gif etc were recovered.Unfortunately every file I open of any...
  5. Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Used Recover lost files on Windows 10 Utility but none of the files are readable: Windows update completely wiped out my documents folder, nothing in the recycle bin. Recover lost files on Windows 10 utility was used from the cmd prompt and all files, pdf, xls, xlsx, doc, docx, bpm, png, jpg, Gif etc were recovered.Unfortunately every file I open of any...
  6. Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover lost files on Windows 10 Quandry: In moving a batch of files from one sub-directory to another I lost the contents of folder. Not sure how I did that: I cannot replicate what I did. I did not have the cluster backed up: none of the files appear in the Recycle Bin The files were in a folder"...
  7. Recover lost files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover lost files on Windows 10: Hi, I cannot find any literature that categorically states that the new 'Windows File Recovery' programme cannot recover Outlook .pst files. I have just done the first scan which recovered a host of other files but not the .pst files. I will be grateful for advice on this...
  8. Readable File Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readable File Backup: I am setting up a new computer. In the past I have used SyncToy to back up files to an external hard drive, but I understand that it won't work with Windows 10 any longer because an older .net version is required for SyncToy. I do not want to use cloud services. What...
  9. Recover Lost Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover Lost Files: How can I recover lost files? I am getting VERY tired of Microsoft's updates breaking my computer, which they have done twice in the last month. And this is not the first time, either. This time, after updating, it deleted files on my desk top, removed icons, and I had to...
  10. Recovering recently lost files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering recently lost files: Please can somebody help. I am a photographer, I'm trying to recover .CR2 images that I had created and saved from the past few months. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the other day, after the laptop froze when using Spotify, and I turned off the laptop without Shutting...