Windows 10: Used the "download Windows 10 home" link but it's trying to install Pro?

Discus and support Used the "download Windows 10 home" link but it's trying to install Pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have purchased Windows 10 Home for my computer. I am trying to install it. But when I use the download tool, it goes through a very long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KatelinDT, Jan 22, 2021.

1. KatelinDT Win User

Used the "download Windows 10 home" link but it's trying to install Pro?

Hello,

I have purchased Windows 10 Home for my computer. I am trying to install it. But when I use the download tool, it goes through a very long update process before telling me I have chosen to download the Pro version, which won't work because what I purchased is the Home version! What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

:)

KatelinDT, Jan 22, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Used the "download Windows 10 home" link but it's trying to install Pro? :)

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Caring1 Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Used the "download Windows 10 home" link but it's trying to install Pro? - Similar Threads - Used download home

2. Windows 10 download link & install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 download link & install: The provided download link for Windows 10 - after spending $150 to purchase it - leads to a file called Media Creation Tool. When run, I simply get an error message and the program closes. How exactly am I supposed to download and install my OS if there are no other means to...
  3. Windows 10 download link & install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 download link & install: The provided download link for Windows 10 - after spending $150 to purchase it - leads to a file called Media Creation Tool. When run, I simply get an error message and the program closes. How exactly am I supposed to download and install my OS if there are no other means to...
  4. Windows 10 download link & install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro download link

Windows 10 Pro download link: Hi,I purchased Windows 10 Pro on my work computer but I'm actually intending to install it on a refurbished, laptop that I have bought to use privately. The online order contains a 'Reedem' link, but I'm not sure what will happen when I click on this. I don't want it trying...
  6. Windows 10 Pro download link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro download link: Hi,I purchased Windows 10 Pro on my work computer but I'm actually intending to install it on a refurbished, laptop that I have bought to use privately. The online order contains a 'Reedem' link, but I'm not sure what will happen when I click on this. I don't want it trying...
  7. Windows 10 Pro download link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Home to Pro using linked account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using linked account: i had Windows 10 Pro license key linked to my Microsoft account and my old laptop had Windows 10 Pro in it.I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. I want to change it into Pro. I have signed my Microsoft account into it but it still remains Home version....
  9. windows 10 pro download at home

windows 10 pro download at home: hi i want to download windows 10 pro at home but i dont have a product key how can i downloaded for free ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-download-at-home/3956c49c-7304-4e3f-952a-d7b05745ca8a
  10. Download Windows 10 Pro/Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Windows 10 Pro/Home: How can I download a version of Windows 10 that has both home and pro install files? The version I got using Media Creation tool doesn't have install.wim so didn't work for my purposes. I am trying to use MSMG toolkit to make a dual image without all the fluff and stuff....