Windows 10: Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...

Discus and support Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For a while now, I had been getting a strange occasional "freeze" where none of the peripherals would work anymore if I left the computer idle for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Renaud van Strydonck, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...

For a while now, I had been getting a strange occasional "freeze" where none of the peripherals would work anymore if I left the computer idle for some time, so I would have to restart the computer, but I could never find the source of it.When I came back from holiday, the "freeze" would also happen, but it started to crash too.I've been getting CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and 0xc000021a errors on BSOD crashes, but it runs fine in Offline Safe Mode.I ran health checks on both the SSD on which Windows runs and the HDD which holds my large files and they both claim to be OK, so I ra

:)

Renaud van Strydonck, Aug 10, 2022
  2. ResnickRE Win User

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD appears randomly

Occasionally when using the computer, it freezes, then the BSOD appears with the UEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION or the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED message. My computer also did not produce any dump files from the crash.

ResnickRE, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 10, 2022
  4. NGKH5 Win User

Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...

1. Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &... - Similar Threads - Used freeze USB

2. PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD: My PC is freezing, usually after using for a couple hours. Complete freeze including peripherals, no BSOD, no Minidump. Requires hard restart that takes me to error screen where I must restart a second time. Started in early December. Initially I thought it was something to...
  3. PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing Windows + peripherals, no BSOD: My PC is freezing, usually after using for a couple hours. Complete freeze including peripherals, no BSOD, no Minidump. Requires hard restart that takes me to error screen where I must restart a second time. Started in early December. Initially I thought it was something to...
  4. Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used to "freeze" USB & Bluetooth peripherals, now BSOD Crashes with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED &...: For a while now, I had been getting a strange occasional "freeze" where none of the peripherals would work anymore if I left the computer idle for some time, so I would have to restart the computer, but I could never find the source of it.When I came back from holiday, the...
  5. PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC constantly crashes and freezes, resulting in BSOD, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, error...: For the longest time my PC's been randomly freezing, which results typically in almost a dozen BSOD a day, sometimes it takes 4 hours, sometimes 4 minutes. The most common error I get is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, although sometimes I also get UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, but that...
  6. USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB peripherals and monitor freezing. Help.: Hi all, so recently I've been on my PC and all of a sudden my USB ports disconnect and reconnect, followed by my monitor freezing up and I am unable to get around this apart from restarting my entire PC. This issue is sporadic and is becoming a real issue for me. Here's an...
  7. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  8. BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use

BSOD Critical_Process_Died frequent crashes upon regular use: I have had no problems what so ever with this computer running Win 7 Pro for a very long time (2+ years) and when I moved to Win 10 Pro I get these BSOD Critical_Process_Died crashes while browsing the internet using Fire Fox. After the BSOD it will reboot and I can use again...
  9. Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Peripheral freezing,suspected USB and/or MoBo issues. No BSOD: The long and the short (I'd appreciate a read-through before deciding this is the wrong place to post) : System Details: Windows 10 Home ver: 1703 Build: 15063.250 CPU: i7-5820K RAM: HYNIX 16GB @2400MHz VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 MoBo: Gigabyte X99-UD3-CF Bios:...
  10. SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes

SOLVED (critical process died) BSOD / freezes and crashes: This problem has been going on for months, but it has gotten serious lately. Originally I would get computer lock up/freezes when watching youtube. So I installed a chrome plugin that views video in flash rather then html 5. That fixed the problem, but in a few weeks I...