Windows 10: Used Windows 10 recover option, keeping personal. Stuck on the clock

Discus and support Used Windows 10 recover option, keeping personal. Stuck on the clock in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning all, A my brothers insistance, I used Windows 10 recovery option to clean my system, choosing the option to keep my personal files on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jlucca33, Feb 21, 2017.

1. jlucca33 Win User

Used Windows 10 recover option, keeping personal. Stuck on the clock

Good morning all,

A my brothers insistance, I used Windows 10 recovery option to clean my system, choosing the option to keep my personal files on my desktop. It went through the 0 percent through 100 percent "get ready" screen, then went to a black screen with a small revolving white circle on the bottom middle. It's been revolving for 15 hours now?? What should I do? Im sure this isn't normal. Please help!
    Thank you.
    James

:)

jlucca33, Feb 21, 2017

2. windows 10 go back to 7. system will not start

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to reset your pc and choose the option to "keep all files" and check if it helps.

Please refer to the steps given in the article under the section "reset your pc" and choose the option to "keep all files".

Recovery options in Windows 10

Disclaimer: Choosing the option to keep all files will remove apps and drivers, settings but keep your personal files while the "remove everything" option will remove everything in the pc including your personal
    files. Make sure to choose the first option.

I also suggest you to refer the link below and check if that helps:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in the Anniversary Edition and the Spring / Fall Creators Update

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 21, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Recover programs deleted by Windows 10 Refresh

I'm not sure what you mean by "refresh," but in Windows 10 there are two options, found at Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You can choose to keep your personal files, and all apps will be removed, or you can choose to get rid of personal files
    and apps. There is no option to recover installed programs.

JimWynne, Feb 21, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Sounds like time to just turn off the computer, especially if you are not seeing a whole lot of activity on the hard drive, and try rebooting it.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to boot into something like Kyhi's Recovery Tools, copy the files you want to keep to a storage device, and do a clean install of Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Feb 21, 2017
  5. jlucca33 Win User
    I was hoping a good kick to the shell would provide some support, but I guess a power off/reboot will be an option first. (Before I throw the whole thing out the window!) What's worse is I brought the desktop overseas with me, so it is really my only lifeline to home in New York while I'm here. (Other than the work desktop that I'm using to write this post here at work.) As such, my tech brother who made the cleaning suggestion in the first place, is 10,000 miles away and can't assist in the process. *Sad

jlucca33, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Used Windows 10 recover option, keeping personal. Stuck on the clock - Similar Threads - Used recover option

2. Unable to recover personal files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover personal files: I’ve been unable to reach the login screen before my computer blue screens, and I’ve tried pretty much everything, so I’m just going to reinstall Windows. However, since I can’t reach my desktop, I cannot launch the installation media from my install and keep my personal...
  3. Unable to recover personal files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover personal files: I’ve been unable to reach the login screen before my computer blue screens, and I’ve tried pretty much everything, so I’m just going to reinstall Windows. However, since I can’t reach my desktop, I cannot launch the installation media from my install and keep my personal...
  4. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  5. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  6. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data: I have donwloaded the 21H1 ISO 64 bits. Tried to upgrade from 20H2. The procedure only offers the option "keep nothing" for a clean install. The other two options (to keep personal files data and programs) are not available. What could be the reason for that? 181640
  8. Clock in Win 10 stuck in military mode: No H:MM:SS Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock in Win 10 stuck in military mode: No H:MM:SS Option: I just reset my computer with a fresh install of Win 10 and now the goofy clock is stuck on military time. Every answer on the forum doesn't address the issue. I can access change time and date from Settings or Control panel and where the drop menu for changing "short time"...
  9. Windows 10 Pc login Stuck at Clock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pc login Stuck at Clock: Hello, I booted up my pc this morning to find that it is stuck on the clock screen at login, It does not take me to the login menu when I press space or drag it up, it just resets. This means I cant use the buttons on the bottom right corner. I have tried rebooting 3 times...
  10. Clock keeps desyncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock keeps desyncing: Ok so out of nowhere, the clock on my taskbar just randomly stated to jump ahead. I would turn on my PC, see that the time is correct, use my computer for a while, then turn it off. The next day, I turn it on, and clock is messed up. When it is 11:30 AM, the clock says it's...