Windows 10: Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10

Discus and support Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]This article lists down various commands that you can use to manage files and folders through Command-Line in Windows 10. Although a lot of users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 9, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10

Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    This article lists down various commands that you can use to manage files and folders through Command-Line in Windows 10. Although a lot of users prefer using a graphical user interface to manage files for a hassle-free experience, some also use the command-line interface to perform file management tasks. In any case, it is always […]

This article Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Win+X (or right click on Windows icon) isn't really useful anymore. MS removed classic control panel from the list and changed programs and features to Apps and Features. To get to Programs and Features you have to go to Apps and Features first (Metro UI) (it's in the top right corner).

And classic cmd also left the win+x and File list, you have to do it old way (win+r -> cmd -> enter).

Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10 1380.jpg

Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10 3.jpg

Now it's easier to access Power Options directly from the taskbar.

Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10 2.jpg

Drone, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Useful Commands to Manage Files and Folders through CMD in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Useful Commands Manage

2. How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?: I have had problems deleting some folder from my PC and I did not know how I created it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-delete-a-folder-in-windows-10/de82ca30-b16e-43f2-94c9-daa52b580c0c
  3. How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?: I have had problems deleting some folder from my PC and I did not know how I created it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-permanently-delete-a-folder-in-windows-10/de82ca30-b16e-43f2-94c9-daa52b580c0c
  4. How do I permanently delete a folder in windows 10 using CMD commands?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CMD command to open random file from selected folder

CMD command to open random file from selected folder: When I open up C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe or CMD, how do I make it open up a random file from a selected folder? I already know how to make it open up a file from a pathway of folders, if it helps....
  6. Hash a File In Windows 10 Using Cmd

Hash a File In Windows 10 Using Cmd: Hi, I'm Using Windows For My Business. Some Days Ago I Heard We have a Command in Terminal to Hash a file. its use for hash somethings like For Verify an Iso File. I Write That Terminal Command Under This Sentence: sha256sum example.iso I tried To find command on windows...
  7. Cannot use command route in CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot use command route in CMD: Cannot use command route in CMD C:\Users\User>route print =========================================================================== Interface List 11...98 fa 9b 9a 0b b8 ......Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller #2 5...12 63 c8 3e 69 29 ......Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct...
  8. How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete files and folders using Command Prompt in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, all our attempts to delete files or folders via File Explorer yield no results. Many reasons can be attributed to the failure, which can lock down the files/folders and prevent their deletion. In such cases, you can use [...] This post How to...
  9. Most useful CMD Commands for IT Technicians

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most useful CMD Commands for IT Technicians: I would like to learn the most useful CMD/Powershell commands to help me diagnose problems, can anyone recommend me any books or links to pdf that I could print and use Thanks 122140
  10. Useful CMD commands (administrator)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Useful CMD commands (administrator): Hello, Please send me all the CMD commands required for leptop and what role does CMD have in my order. I'm mentioning that on leptop I installed Windows 10 Home version 1809 Thank you! A wonderful day!...