Windows 10: Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop

Discus and support Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Older versions of Windows had an icon on the taskbar called 'Show Desktop' which when clicked, minimized all open windows revealing just the desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedOrange7, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop

Older versions of Windows had an icon on the taskbar called 'Show Desktop' which when clicked, minimized all open windows revealing just the desktop, it was a really useful feature. It is still is though, but it's been hidden away and perhaps forgotten about by many users.

On the very very right of the taskbar, to the right of notifications there's a vertical line and a tiny space, that tiny slither is 'Show Desktop' click on it and it minimizes all open programs/windows in one fell swoop. Why Microsoft hid it away almost invisibly, I do not know.

submitted by /u/RedOrange7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedOrange7, Mar 14, 2020

2. How to show hidden/hide folders/files for only "one specific drive"?

First way

Step 1: Open This PC.
    Double-click This PC on the desktop to open it.
    You can also open another folder such as Network, File Explorer, Recycle Bin, etc.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View menu.
    Click View, tap Show/hide in the menu, and check the small box before Hidden items in the sub-list.

Second Way :Show hidden files and folders in the Folder Options.

Step 1: Open Folder Options.
    Open This PC, click View and select Options.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View settings.
    In the Folder Options window, choose View, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Luciferangel, Mar 14, 2020
  3. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Ben Key Win User

Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop

Use the "show text suggestions as I type" feature without using the mouse

I just discovered the "Show text suggestions as I type" feature in Windows 10. I enabled it in the Settings application (via Devices\Typing, Hardware, Show text suggestions as I type).

I like the feature. I have discovered one small problem with it.

When you start typing a word, the list of suggestions are displayed as follows.

Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop fSPAn.png

The above image shows the Notepad window containing the text "Hel" and the suggestions list containing the following three items.

• Hello
    • Hell
    • Help

The problem is that so far I have only been able to find one method of selecting an item in the suggestions list, to use the mouse. I would prefer to be able to make my selection using the keyboard.

Ben Key, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop

1. Useful hidden feature - Show Desktop - Similar Threads - Useful hidden feature

2. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  3. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  4. 11 Best Windows 11 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Features to Use

in Windows 10 News
    11 Best Windows 11 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Features to Use: Microsoft has put in a lot of effort with the release of Windows 11. Several features come with the new operating system that is amazing for users. This article will look at 11 tips to help Windows 11 users get the best from their systems. Resizing the Taskbar Resizing the...
  5. Different icons using windows 11 desktops feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons using windows 11 desktops feature: I am trying to set up 2 desktops on my laptop. One for everyday use and one specifically for school, I want my apps I use for school to only show up on my school desktop and none of the other things to show up. I can't figure out how to do this every time I create a new file...
  6. Different icons using windows 11 desktops feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons using windows 11 desktops feature: I am trying to set up 2 desktops on my laptop. One for everyday use and one specifically for school, I want my apps I use for school to only show up on my school desktop and none of the other things to show up. I can't figure out how to do this every time I create a new file...
  7. hidden icons on desktop now showing!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hidden icons on desktop now showing!?: Hey - i want to hide the desktop icons for some of my programmes/apps. however, since a recent update they show but slightly greyed out! anyway i can remove it from my desktop without deleting the app? submitted by /u/personanonymous [link] [comments]...
  8. To Show Hidden Wireless Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Show Hidden Wireless Network: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedAlae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heen8q/to_show_hidden_wireless_network/
  9. desktop is hidden, can't recall it

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop is hidden, can't recall it: Don''t know what I clicked but my normal desktop is not visible. It has been replaced by the icons for my start menu, which no longer appear when I hit the start button. I can switch from that to a view of all my apps, but that is all. The options for switching are shown...
  10. Desktop is hidden (Help)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is hidden (Help): Our cat stepped on the keyboard something from F5 to delete button randomly. The icons were either hidden or deleted or something else and when I try to hold and drag LMB to select multiple apps, the blue square doesn't show up. How do I restore everything back to normal?...