Windows 10: Useless Tablet mode? Can't go back, can't switch between running apps.

Discus and support Useless Tablet mode? Can't go back, can't switch between running apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When in the Tablet mode on Windows 10, how to switch between running applications? I'm using an app, run another app and want to go back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by speller_64, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Useless Tablet mode? Can't go back, can't switch between running apps.

Hi,

When in the Tablet mode on Windows 10, how to switch between running applications? I'm using an app, run another app and want to go back to the first. How to do that? I can't see any buttons or controls to do that. When I tap on the "Back" button, it shows me the start menu, but doesn't actually do any "back" action like on an Android device. So I can go back neither through the browser history, not the running applications list. The Tables mode looks awful and useless. I'm I missing some settings here, or it's really useless?

Regards.

:)

speller_64, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Can I make a shortcut to tablet mode on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

As of now, there is no option to create a shortcut to tablet mode. But you can try the following steps to switch on to the tablet mode.

• Click on the action center icon at the bottom right corner.

• At the bottom, you will find many quick access options.

• Click or tap on tablet mode to switch it on.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Useless Tablet mode? Can't go back, can't switch between running apps.

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Useless Tablet mode? Can't go back, can't switch between running apps.

1. Useless Tablet mode? Can't go back, can't switch between running apps. - Similar Threads - Useless Tablet mode

2. Why Can't I Switch Back To S Mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Can't I Switch Back To S Mode.: So, I had to download something that isn't on the Microsoft Store, so I had to switch of S mode. But I can't switchback I know that I can't, I read the conditions, but I still don't know why I can't do it, does Microsoft think that we all have safety from viruses after the...
  3. Why Can't I Switch Back To S Mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Can't I Switch Back To S Mode.: So, I had to download something that isn't on the Microsoft Store, so I had to switch of S mode. But I can't switchback I know that I can't, I read the conditions, but I still don't know why I can't do it, does Microsoft think that we all have safety from viruses after the...
  4. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  5. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  6. Windows Switched Back To S Mode and Can't Switch Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Switched Back To S Mode and Can't Switch Out: Crazy right? I got a laptop and first thing I did was switch out of S mode. Easy done it. Then a couple of days later, I wanted to use Mozilla but Windows said that is in S mode. Which is already strange because you can't revert back to S Mode but alas it says that Windows is...
  7. can't use tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't use tablet mode: hello I just bought an acer desktop and even if I turn on the tablet mode on I cannot use it (touchscreen feature won't work) is there no touch screen feature in this acer desktop so that I can use tablet mode??...
  8. Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode: Having used W10 on the SurfacePro 2 with keyboard for several years, I suddenly find that I can only use desktop mode. When I try to switch to the tablet mode using the left hand windows icon on the task bar, the icon "greys out" and doesn't function, and from then on the...
  9. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I switch between tablet mode easily?: I know I can use settings, but that is a pain (too many steps). Would there be a one click (or double click) way to change this (toggle it?). Thanks. 11010
  10. Switching back from Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching back from Tablet mode: Hi there. If you are experimenting with Tablet and desktop mode the mechanics are a bit convoluted. First I'd apply Brink's tutorial which allows you to toggle to and from start menu or start screen mode without re-booting. He's fixed it for build 9926 too. Now to get...