Windows 10: User access control window not appearing

Discus and support User access control window not appearing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am installing Chrome on windows10 as Administrator. I have right click on Chrome setup file and given Run as administrator. After that one small blue... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Prem Kumar Marlapudi, Sep 9, 2020.

1. User access control window not appearing

I am installing Chrome on windows10 as Administrator. I have right click on Chrome setup file and given Run as administrator. After that one small blue circle rotating and there is no any response. Actually UAC window has to come but not coming. after some time it was telling that try with different account. So i created new user account and assigned all administrator permissions and i tried the same in that. It is allowed to install chrome in that user but why not in Administrator?

:)

Prem Kumar Marlapudi, Sep 9, 2020

2. User Access Control Issue

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Verify UAC settings.

1. Press Windows key and type "UAC". Under the search options, click on
    Change User Account Control Settings.

2. Make sure you didn't keep the slider towards Never Notify.

Method 2: Run a System file checker.

If the User Account Control settings are correct but the issue persists, then run a system file checker scan and see if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin).
      Kindly provide the administrative password, if prompt appears.
    • Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable in Windows 10)

Note: Run the System file checker thrice if systems errors were not corrected in first attempt for SFC.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 9, 2020
  4. User access control window not appearing

User Account Control in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check if you can access Safe mode and go to the elevated command prompt from there.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

a. Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options
    click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

b. A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings >
    Startup Settings
    > Restart.

c. Your system will automatically restart, press relevant keys to go to the Safe Mode with Command prompt.

Once you have access to Elevated Command prompt, follow the steps:

1. Type "net user administrator /active:yes" and click
    Enter

You will get a message stating that "The Command completed successfully"

2. Go to the normal mode now and sign in from the administrator account.

3. Give administrator privileges to your new account by following the steps:

• Press Windows key and type Control. Click on Control Panel from the list of options.
    • Click on User Account > Manage another account.
    • Select the appropriate user account you want to give administrator rights to and then click on
      Change account type.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

User access control window not appearing

1. User access control window not appearing - Similar Threads - User access control

2. User Access Control in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Access Control in Windows 10: Hi Team,I'm trying to run an application and this application requires admin privileges every time I run it. The user who trying to run this app is a common user and doesn't have admin privileges on the system. My simple question is there any way to give this common user...
  3. User Access Control in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Access Control in Windows 10: Hi Team,I'm trying to run an application and this application requires admin privileges every time I run it. The user who trying to run this app is a common user and doesn't have admin privileges on the system. My simple question is there any way to give this common user...
  4. User Access Control in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User Access Control confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Access Control confusion: I have the following strange issue: On my PC I have a Windows Administrator, a Local Administrator and a Standard User account. I use the Standard user account for day to day tasks. If I need to use an elevated Command prompt or install new software, then I'm asked to enter...
  6. Complaint on User Access control settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Complaint on User Access control settings: I can't drag and drop with my touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complaint-on-user-access-control-settings/c2ffe532-dec4-4757-9cc9-6fd0213d4d67
  7. user control access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user control access: i have a program that every time i go to open it i get a message if i am sure i want to open it. how do i correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-control-access/593b9e44-493f-42a4-8a51-939d77e0197e
  8. Administrator user access control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator user access control: While trying to install a software I was blocked and told to communicate wioth the Administrator of the laptop, I am the administrator of this laptop yet I have no access. I also tried logging into my microsfot account via User Access Control and it says the account does not...
  9. Whitelist for User Access Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whitelist for User Access Control: I am the admin on my machine, Windows 10. I have a few apps, like a VPN, that invoke the UAC pop up every time they run. Can I white list certain apps as I have approved them and don't want the annoyance of UAC. I'm aware that I could turn it off but I don't want to open...
  10. Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings: Hello All, Here is the issue I could really use some help with. I know you can use GPO setting to Show only specified Control Panel items, and you can Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings. But what I am trying to do is Block my end users from Accessing the...