Windows 10: User accont deleted, how to fix?

Discus and support User accont deleted, how to fix? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Please help! I followed the directions on this website, which was linked to in this thread, to change the Username on my laptop as I wanted to change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MatthiasBoling, Apr 23, 2020.

1. User accont deleted, how to fix?

Please help! I followed the directions on this website, which was linked to in this thread, to change the Username on my laptop as I wanted to change what it said when I logged onto the computer, but when I clicked on "Apply" in the properties window it instead deleted the account! My device wont open pictures, files or the control panel.

When attempting to open files I get an error message saying "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done"

I've tried to go back into user settings and use the "Add..." button but nothing happens. I can't open anything in the control panel to do a system restore or recovery. I tried to go into properties by right clicking on the desktop and got and error message saying "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings page"

I cannot access default apps settings as no buttons in the start menu work. There are no error messages, just no reaction at all when clicking. The search bar on the taskbar also no longer works. I've tried to access "Recovery" to do a system restore but again, nothing happens this was before the search bar stopped working

What do I do??

:)

MatthiasBoling, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

acconts

Hello Adriano,

To check the administrator account, we suggest following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type and then click Control Panel.
    • Click Change account type.
    • Click the Administrator account.
    Note: If your account type is not Administrator, you can't access log on as administrator unless you know the user name password for another account on the computer that is an administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 23, 2020
  4. User accont deleted, how to fix?

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

User accont deleted, how to fix?

1. User accont deleted, how to fix? - Similar Threads - User accont deleted

2. How to delete a partially deleted user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a partially deleted user?: So I went to delete a user off of my mother's laptop since she asked me to remove it, but then said nevermind a little late. but as it was deleting, it died. When I turned the laptop on, the user was gone. SO, I tried re-Adding the user. But it claimed the user was already on...
  3. How to delete a partially deleted user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a partially deleted user?: So I went to delete a user off of my mother's laptop since she asked me to remove it, but then said nevermind a little late. but as it was deleting, it died. When I turned the laptop on, the user was gone. SO, I tried re-Adding the user. But it claimed the user was already on...
  4. How to delete an erroneous user

How to delete an erroneous user: While setting up a new computer I mistakenly mistyped a user name. I now have a duplicate user Larri in addition to Larrie me with administrator privilege. Both have a folder called AppData which contain three subfolders Local, LocalLow and Roaming. There are of different...
  5. Cannot delete one drive folders even after unlinking acconts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete one drive folders even after unlinking acconts: I had installed one drive on my computer and synced some files. Now I unlinked all accounts and uninstalled one drive. The one drive folders are gone from the side panel, but the folders still exist in C:\Users\<username>. They occupy some GBs in space. If I try to delete...
  6. How to Delete a User Profile

How to Delete a User Profile: I know nothing about softwares and how they work., let alone this whole OneDrive thing. I have a new notebook and I copied some files from an external hard drive. I didn't realise that it was saving everything to OneDrive. I got a message to say that my OneDrive had run out...
  7. Accont name

Accont name: Hi everybody out there, Today I made a horrible mistake, I changed the default user account folder name and my account name. When I restarted my computer I could not log in again with my usual credentials and access all my app and files. Can anybody help me? Thx in advance...
  8. how to delete an extra user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to delete an extra user: Geek squad reinstalled my windows 10. they created a user account that I no longer want...how do I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-extra-user/5f30b9e1-8ebc-4cf5-8a09-5a00c2b30bed
  9. login screen user accont in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    login screen user accont in windows 10: I would like to display one of the existing domain user accounts that used the computer so far instead of the last user account. is there a script or settings to do it?...
  10. Deleted Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder from user appdata, how to fix

Deleted Microsoft.WindowsStore... folder from user appdata, how to fix: Long story short, while trying to fix Store (stuck on circles loading screen forever) I ended up deleting the entire Microsoft.WindowsStore.somethingrandomalphanumeric inside my user AppData folder, which stopped the perpetual hang - by making Store not launch at all. I was...