Windows 10: User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

Discus and support User account .000 after upgrade to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayF, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JayF Win User

User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?

:)

2. User Account problem

You could do this but the process is somewhat involved. You would need to do this:

1. Restore the original path with a registry hack.
    2. Create a bootable Windows Repair flash disk.
    3. Boot the machine with this disk and open a Command Prompt.
    4. Issue several console commands so that the .000 folder becomes the original folder.
    5. Reboot
    Steps 1, 3 and 4 are demanding for people who are not familiar with Windows at a support level. In addition, Step 1 is unsupported by Microsoft and might therefore have unintended consequences. If I was in your position then I would leave the current setup
    as it is. As they say - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Frederik Long, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 14, 2020
  4. distante Win User

Return old user account folder (.000) or merge them after windows 10 update/upgrade

After the creators fall update I noticed that my user folder account was changed from distante to distante.000 keeping for some reason the original folder too. So I have

• /distante/ (with a couple of folders inside appdata)
    • /distante.000/ (with all my appdata)

I have no idea if the old folder (distante) is needed. All works ok but it disturb me when i work with command line tools like npm or git. Is there a way to merge both again into /distante/ ?

distante, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909 - Similar Threads - User account 000

2. New user created username.000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New user created username.000: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates. My original user name was Mark, now there is a Mark.000, which also happens to contain all my files now. The original Mark user now only...
  3. Can't login into this account after update to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login into this account after update to 1909: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/x32byTe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eawiic/cant_login_into_this_account_after_update_to_1909/
  4. After upgrade to 1909 display timeout not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After upgrade to 1909 display timeout not working: Lockscreen timeout is working, display timeout is not. Screen off programs also work. I have reset the power plan, and that didn't help. Sleep is disabled (this is a sort of home media server PC). Power troubleshooter finds nothing. How can I troubleshoot this further...
  5. 1909 Upgrade, from which Admin Account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1909 Upgrade, from which Admin Account?: I just created a new Admin Account in addition to the Original Admin Account. I'm on 1809, 1909 is ready to come in, which account should I do it from, does it matter? Thanks FM 144790
  6. user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update: Alot of people are having this problem.Is there a fix for the new update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-now-has-a-000-extension-after-lateset/5d125eac-13ce-4011-b82b-8a4dafa8f23c
  7. Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files: Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?...
  8. Windows 10 :user account error after upgrade...hp stream...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 :user account error after upgrade...hp stream...: Just upgraded to windows 10 and successfully created user accounts passwords succesfully accepted but error:user profile service can not log in user account really frustated...feel like dying......
  9. After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account: After installing Win 10 and creating Microsoft accounts for both my wife and I it is possible to access both as well as my previous laocal account, but my wife's has disappeared. It still exists by searching the files but I cannot get to it. I have also lost access to the...
  10. User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10: In File Explorer, now has FOUR accounts, specifically, Default, Default Migrated, K, and Public. K should have been my personal user account which was set up under Win 8.1. What are these other accounts doing, why do I need them and how can I remove them? Thanks! 24016