Windows 10: User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

Discus and support User account .000 after upgrade to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JayF, Feb 14, 2020.

1. JayF Win User

User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?

:)

2. User Account problem

You could do this but the process is somewhat involved. You would need to do this:

1. Restore the original path with a registry hack.
    2. Create a bootable Windows Repair flash disk.
    3. Boot the machine with this disk and open a Command Prompt.
    4. Issue several console commands so that the .000 folder becomes the original folder.
    5. Reboot
    Steps 1, 3 and 4 are demanding for people who are not familiar with Windows at a support level. In addition, Step 1 is unsupported by Microsoft and might therefore have unintended consequences. If I was in your position then I would leave the current setup
    as it is. As they say - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Frederik Long, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 14, 2020
  4. distante Win User

Return old user account folder (.000) or merge them after windows 10 update/upgrade

After the creators fall update I noticed that my user folder account was changed from distante to distante.000 keeping for some reason the original folder too. So I have

• /distante/ (with a couple of folders inside appdata)
    • /distante.000/ (with all my appdata)

I have no idea if the old folder (distante) is needed. All works ok but it disturb me when i work with command line tools like npm or git. Is there a way to merge both again into /distante/ ?

distante, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909 - Similar Threads - User account 000

2. User Account Messed up after Upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Messed up after Upgrade: I was working on a friend's PC yesterday and could not get a windows update to install.This update was a upgrade from v1909 Build 18363.628 to the latest v19041.450.I used the Microsoft Windows 10 Update Assistant to do this upgrade finally after the windows updates failed to...
  3. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro User Account Folder Renamed {User}.000

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Pro User Account Folder Renamed {User}.000: Hello, I've been reading many many threads regarding an update that renamed the C:\Users\{User} to C:\Users\{User}.000. This seems to break lots of programs that are actually pointing to the \{User} folder. I believe Zune may have been the reason why this .000 folder was...
  4. User folder renamed with .000?

User folder renamed with .000?: Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin...
  5. Windows update 1909 changed my user folder name from C:\Users\NH to C:\Users\NH.000, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1909 changed my user folder name from C:\Users\NH to C:\Users\NH.000, and...: The problems, immediately after the update: My user folder, C:\Users\NH was originally empty except for an un-hidden AppData folder that eventually leads to C:\Users\NH\AppData\Local\Temp, which has five files in it: WMZuneComm.etl.001 WMZuneComm.etl.002 WMZuneComm.etl.003...
  6. Temporary user .000 not erased during 1909 Windows 10 update

Temporary user .000 not erased during 1909 Windows 10 update: On one of my computers I installed several times the 1909 update with always the same result. The user "user.000" stays with all the data files attached. And most of my programs don't work anymore. Each time I went back to the former version and everything goes well again. I...
  7. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...
  8. New user created username.000

New user created username.000: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates. My original user name was Mark, now there is a Mark.000, which also happens to contain all my files now. The original Mark user now only...
  9. user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update

user account now has a .000 extension after lateset win 10 update: Alot of people are having this problem.Is there a fix for the new update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-now-has-a-000-extension-after-lateset/5d125eac-13ce-4011-b82b-8a4dafa8f23c
  10. User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10

User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10: In File Explorer, now has FOUR accounts, specifically, Default, Default Migrated, K, and Public. K should have been my personal user account which was set up under Win 8.1. What are these other accounts doing, why do I need them and how can I remove them? Thanks! 24016

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WMZuneComm.etl.001

2. windows 10 1909 upgrade create a user.000 profile