Windows 10: User account activation

Discus and support User account activation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally deactivated all my user accounts no I can't use my win 10 laptop .what should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thenne Kay, Apr 3, 2020.

1. User account activation

I accidentally deactivated all my user accounts no I can't use my win 10 laptop .what should I do?

:)

Thenne Kay, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 3, 2020
  4. User account activation

Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

User account activation

1. User account activation - Similar Threads - User account activation

2. 2 user accounts admin and normal activated to same online account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 user accounts admin and normal activated to same online account: Hi,I'm on Windows 11 Home and I just installed my new PC.I connected with my online already existing account and got an Administrator user.I also activated my wife her account for sign in as a Standard user.This worked fine.But after this I activated my own Standard user for...
  3. 2 user accounts admin and normal activated to same online account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 user accounts admin and normal activated to same online account: Hi,I'm on Windows 11 Home and I just installed my new PC.I connected with my online already existing account and got an Administrator user.I also activated my wife her account for sign in as a Standard user.This worked fine.But after this I activated my own Standard user for...
  4. User Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Accounts: Yesterday I found that my PC was taking longer to restart than normal and I noticed at the bottom left of my screen that there were now 2 user accounts - My normal one and a new Administrator account that was never there before.I am the only one that uses my PC and I have...
  5. User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account: Ok, so I know this problem is going to cause some laughter and witty retorts. My small dog sat on the laptop keyboard and has somehow managed to alter the settings tweaked them with her cheeks? I am unable to access my user account on the computer although it mostly seems to...
  6. User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts: My husband and I just purchased a new computer. I set up user accounts for both of us and have marked both of us as Administrator. However, my husband's account is primary. I don't have access to some things, such as our external hard drives, where all of our documents are...
  7. User Account

User Account: How can I Change my Account to local https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account/d26004c5-c824-4625-a699-83804a6d85d0
  8. Active Directory User Account

Active Directory User Account: Active Directory user account logs in fine on a computer that already have the user's profile but when the user logs in into a new computer that doesn't have a profile it gives user name and password incorrect. the new computer is added to the domain, and I have tried to...
  9. user account

user account: I set Windows to automatically sign in to a user account at startup and change the computer name afterwards i saw a Other user at sign in that fails to sign in, and must manually select account and sign in instead. what should I do to remove that 69255
  10. Hiding an active User Account in Windows 10?

Hiding an active User Account in Windows 10?: Q. I am wondering if there is a way to actively hide a user account in Computer Management in Users without the account actually being disabled? So that basically unless you are actually signing into this account, nobody from the outside knows that the account exists....