Windows 10: user account: administrator blocking software installation

Discus and support user account: administrator blocking software installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to install software for my HP CP1525nw Printer on my HP desktop computer. The auto.exe stops with a message: User control - The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JCMCCOY, Dec 6, 2018.

1. JCMCCOY Win User

user account: administrator blocking software installation

I am trying to install software for my HP CP1525nw Printer on my HP desktop computer. The auto.exe stops with a message: User control - The administrator has blocked this application for your protection.

I am the administrator and cannot get around this error by selecting "Run as an administrator". How do I get around this error and get the software loaded?

:)

JCMCCOY, Dec 6, 2018

2. UAC is reporting that an administrator is blocking access. I am using the the administrator account.

Original Title: Unchangeable User Account Control.

I am trying to re-install printer software from a CD, however UAC is reporting that an administrator is blocking access. I am using the the administrator account and have set UAC to the lowest privacy level, but the UAC is still blocking me from loading
    set-up on the CD. Thanks for any suggestions.

Tgkern1810, Dec 6, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Administrator account blocking apps.

Hello Robin,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I request you to boot to safe mode and create built-in admin account. And from built-in admin account, you can create new user account.

Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

• Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

You may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and press Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. user account: administrator blocking software installation - Similar Threads - user account administrator

2. Administrator blocking installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Administrator blocking installation: i am trying to install Data analysis softwares ; stata, Tableau, Arc GIS, yet an error comes that my admimnistrator has blocked my installation. i have already disabled antimalware and antivirus protection. kindly assist...
  3. Administrator blocking installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator blocking installation: i am trying to install Data analysis softwares ; stata, Tableau, Arc GIS, yet an error comes that my admimnistrator has blocked my installation. i have already disabled antimalware and antivirus protection. kindly assist...
  4. Administrator blocking installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  6. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  7. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. After I renamed the main administrator user account, I cannot install software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After I renamed the main administrator user account, I cannot install software: My Windows 10 installation had a single user account administrator. After a while I decided to 1: rename this account to my own personal name "fernan", to avoid reinstalling software and copy data elsewhere; 2: create another administrative account.While mostly everything...
  9. Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Software on removable devices are blocked by an administrator.: I have multiple softwares that I use and if they are on a removable device, a message pops up saying this app has been blocked by your system administrator. If I move the file to my desktop it works just fine. I am the administrator, I've tried resetting the gpedit.msc, I've...
  10. Installation blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation blocked by administrator: I am the administrator of a large network. As an Admin I am able to install the printer drivers I require. however, if a standard user logs on to a new windows 10 pc, and adds the network share for the printer, they are prompted to install files, that seems to work, but...