Windows 10: User Account / Administrator

Discus and support User Account / Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Myopicvoid, Aug 24, 2015.

1. User Account / Administrator

well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and under 7 I simply used the Administrator account.

So with 10 I did modify my user account to have Administrator privileges but it's still not the same as as Administrator.

Is there away to take the account I setup and make it the Administrator or should I just uninstall 10 and go back to 7?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks is advance for reading.

:)

Myopicvoid, Aug 24, 2015

2. Administrator / User account

Windows 10 home edition,64 bit, version 1703

When trying to use "system file checker" tool (scf/scannnow) . my windows 10 system does not recognize me as administrator. although the

"user account " page and "change your account type" pages list me as administrator. Also the "administrator button" is selected on the

"select your account type" page. Why am I not being recognized

Why is "Standard account" recommended on the "change your account type page" page?

Can you toggle between standard and back to administrator freely?

leecekeeton 938, Aug 24, 2015
  3. JPGalvez Win User
    user account/administrator

My microsoft account automatically disabled, and does not run as administrator.

Before it happened I was trying to change the name of the user account folder.

And now I cant see any account in control panel, no local users and group in computer management, and I am using a built in admin account to open my laptop User Account / Administrator :( how to fix it? Its win10 btw

JPGalvez, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

User Account / Administrator

Hello Myopicvoid, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The account that is setup during the installation of Windows 10 is an administrator account, but you must approve anything that wants to run elevated by default. This was the same in Windows 7.

You could use the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, but you will not be able to use any Windows apps (aka: modern apps) since they will not run in an elevated environment.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

User Account / Administrator

1. User Account / Administrator - Similar Threads - User Account Administrator

2. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  3. Administrator and user accounts question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator and user accounts question: I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and I chose to use the Custom installation. Somehow I created a User account with a nickname that I use, and a Administrator account with my real name. When I installed Windows 10 a number of years ago I did it from scratch, and...
  4. Administrator and user accounts question

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator and user accounts question: I recently had to reformat my hard drive, and I chose to use the Custom installation. Somehow I created a User account with a nickname that I use, and a Administrator account with my real name. When I installed Windows 10 a number of years ago I did it from scratch, and...
  5. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  6. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  7. administrator user account deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator user account deleted: accidentally windows administrator user account deleted now I am not able to install or uninstall any apps because administrator permission option is not showing for installing or uninstalling...
  8. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  9. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the user account to the administrator account?: I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-account-to-the/c2c96a22-4676-4557-b1ce-920070c4442c"
  10. User and Administrator accounts help...

User and Administrator accounts help...: Hello... Just joined the forum to get some help on windows 10 user accounts... OK... Here I go, See if I can relay what I'm fighting... I upgraded to windows 10 made one account because this is my home personal computer... I don't need a password... I just like to start...