Windows 10: User account at startup problem

Discus and support User account at startup problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with a Windows 10 PC 2004 with the user name that first comes up when the machine is booting up. It's my name from when I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StevenKlinzman, Aug 31, 2020.

1. User account at startup problem

I'm having a problem with a Windows 10 PC 2004 with the user name that first comes up when the machine is booting up. It's my name from when I first used the machine, and asks for a password. I don't have the password I originally set on the machine.

It is now the PC my wife uses, and I set up her account on it as a local user and administrator. To finish startup and log onto the PC it is necessary to select her user account and then enter her password. At that point everything works well.

How can I eliminate my old original user account? It does not come up anywhere as a user account, probably because the only way to log onto the PC is through her account and my original user account is not visible from her user account any way I look. For instance is is not listed from the command prompt admin mode command "wmic useraccount list full".

Any suggestions?

:)

StevenKlinzman, Aug 31, 2020

2. Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 31, 2020
  4. User account at startup problem

Other User on startup screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before proceeding, we would like to know if that another account is Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the step provided below to switch user.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.

• Click on Switch User.

• And select your user account.

Follow the steps provided below to remove Microsoft account.

• Press Windows + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• In your accounts, at the bottom click on the account you want to remove.

• Then click on Remove button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

User account at startup problem

1. User account at startup problem - Similar Threads - User account startup

2. Account / User Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account / User Problem: So I just sign-out to create another user, but when I login, its different the files where gone everything, but I see my account on the C Drive on the user folder, there I found my files, etc. I'm confuse and panicking since exam are next week, I tried everything on Youtube...
  3. Account / User Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account / User Problem: So I just sign-out to create another user, but when I login, its different the files where gone everything, but I see my account on the C Drive on the user folder, there I found my files, etc. I'm confuse and panicking since exam are next week, I tried everything on Youtube...
  4. Account / User Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with User Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with User Accounts: I had created a new user account with administrative privilege now I have by mistake deleted that account and can't access administrative rights. Can anyone please help me out?...
  6. user's account problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user's account problem: my brother had lots of files on his drive c so he copied his user folder to drive d then deleted it on drive c but he still had the copy of every file from drive c to d but it didnt show 'open as administrator' and also we couldnt open any file so he decided to move it again...
  7. Two User Accounts at Startup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two User Accounts at Startup?: Windows 10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Recently after Power On I'm getting prompted for my login password/pin. I've had that option disabled for as long as I can remember. I'm also noticing that at the point where I get the prompt, Windows is showing me two user...
  8. User Account Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Problem: Dear Microsoft Incorporation, I am one of your Microsoft Windows customers. Recently, I have an issue regarding my user account in PC. While I changed the name of user account in administrative tools successfully, but I found in this pathway there is an incongruity:...
  9. User Account problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Account problem: The latest Windows 10 update has changed my user account name from "Kevin Keys" to "Kevin Keys.000". Now I can't connect to any of my cloud accounts (OneDrive, Box, Degoo, Dropbox) using the desktop apps. They all report internet connection errors. How can I fix this?...
  10. User account problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account problems: I am having a great deal of difficulty with user accounts: 1. Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options goes absolutely nowhere. 2. Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage your credentials returns the following error. Error code: 0x80070425 Error message: The service cannot accept...